Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Horrible tragedy but I’m wondering why Alec Baldwin was aiming the prop gun at the director and DOP.

I'm wondering how he could kill one person and hurt another on one prop shot...it's almost impossible to kill anyone with a prop gun except at uber-uber-close range, so was it actually loaded with prop shots or did he discharge the gun more than once at uber close range without realizing on the 1st shot what was happening?

It's an awful situation all around, but this is gonna need an investigation b/c it just doesn't happen if everything was done appropriately...

7 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Horrible tragedy but I’m wondering why Alec Baldwin was aiming the prop gun at the director and DOP.

Think of how many times you’ve seen a person raise a gun, point it slightly off-center toward the camera, and fire. Now imagine the DP is operating and the director is next to them.

For example:

leighton meester fox GIF by makinghistory

I’m seeing a huge social media reaction from various cast and crew, pushing for no more live gun action on set… do the muzzle flashes in post.

What an awful tragedy. 

• Like 2

Obviously trivial compared to the tragic loss of life but one has to imagine the movie will never be finished now and will sit on the shelf forever alongside that other movie from a few years back where a crew member was killed and the filmmakers were found guilty of negligence. 

10 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

"Prop firearms" are dangerous. The name makes it sound like it's a toy, but blanks can still kill people (Brandon Lee comes to mind). 

Yes blanks can absolutely kill someone when fired at point blank range.  However Brandon Lee wasn't killed by a blank.  He was killed when a blank sent the head of a bullet that was lodged in the barrel of the gun they were using on set into his spine.

@WrathOfHan we are so close to greatness. We need a bigger head and to have sad affleck in the liking posts options now.

@Eric Atreides give us greatness. I shall send you a virtual hug and a 5$ TARGET coupon. Or a nude. Whatever you prefer.

Edited by CJ #BringBackSadAffleck
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1