Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

This just doesn't feel real. I feel numb. 

I feel like for the british reality will be hard to accept. She was Queen 70 fucking years. Tragic day. Hell, when people would mention The Queen my mind would immediatly jump to her. 

Edited by CJohn

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I feel like for the british reality will be hard to accept. She was Queen 50 fucking years. Tragic day. Hell, when people would mention The Queen my mind would immediatly jump to her. 

When she became Queen, there were only 102 recognized countries in the world, with a good 10 of them only becoming an independent country in the past 6 years. There are 193 countries recognized now.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Was really pulling for her staying alive 2 more years so she could top this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-reigning_monarchs

I guess I am now rooting for... checks notes.... Hasanal Bolkiah of Brunei to stay alive for 18 more years

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_reigning_monarchs_by_length_of_reign

2 hours ago, FilmFincher said:

What a blow, was genuinely shocked when I saw the announcement.

It'll take a while getting used to God save the King.

Exactly the same thing was said when Queen Victoria died in 1901, she had been on the throne since 1837.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Exactly the same thing was said when Queen Victoria died in 1901, she had been on the throne since 1837.

You are right, i just used web.archive.org to look up what the internet comments were like on 22 Jan 1901. History really does repeat itself

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You are right, i just used web.archive.org to look up what the internet comments were like on 22 Jan 1901. History really does repeat itself

I hope you are not being sarcastic. 

A lot of the comments made in letters, diareis, and newspapers on the Death of Queen Victoria are an awful like those we are seeing today.  People communicated a long time before there was a internet.