Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

55 minutes ago, Potiki said:

The Emmy's ratings are awful, all time low of 6m viewers. 

2022-9-12-Mon-FinalBcast-LSD.png

Once you include the ESPN and ESPN2 numbers of MNF, 8m and 1.5m respectively added to the 10.3m for ABC more than 3x as many people watched MNF over the Emmy's. 

source: https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-monday-9-12-2022-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

Like everything else wrong with this world, I blame Jimmy Kimmel.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AJG said:

I like this energy.

I need more actors shitting on their enemies. 

I like how Brian Cox doesn't give a single fuck. He is too old to give a fuck. He will retire after Succession and hopefully continue to shit on costars and others shows he wasn't in whenever he is interviewed.

I watched the Emmys yesterday and anyone who didn't really wasn't missing much tbh (even though the winners were mostly satisfying and some of the highlights - like the aforementioned Sherly Lee Ralph speech and Jennifer Coolidge doing a dance while being played off - were certainly memorable). The ceremony itself was a mess and only reinforced the notion that it's not just the Oscars that are facing an existential crisis...why are almost all of these programs having such a hard time getting the "In Memoriam" tribute right anymore? It's the one part of every awards show that nobody wants to see retooled to something less "snoozy."

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I watched the Emmys yesterday and anyone who didn't really wasn't missing much tbh (even though the winners were mostly satisfying and some of the highlights - like the aforementioned Sherly Lee Ralph speech and Jennifer Coolidge doing a dance while being played off - were certainly memorable). The ceremony itself was a mess and only reinforced the notion that it's not just the Oscars that are facing an existential crisis...why are almost all of these programs having such a hard time getting the "In Memoriam" tribute right anymore? It's the one part of every awards show that nobody wants to see retooled to something less "snoozy."

The Kia ad was especially annoying. It was a bit funny that the first ad in the break following that Kia ad was a.... Kia ad.

4 hours ago, Potiki said:

The Emmy's ratings are awful, all time low of 6m viewers. 

2022-9-12-Mon-FinalBcast-LSD.png

Once you include the ESPN and ESPN2 numbers of MNF, 8m and 1.5m respectively added to the 10.3m for ABC more than 3x as many people watched MNF over the Emmy's. 

source: https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-monday-9-12-2022-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

I was annoyed when I heard Better Call Saul didn't win shit but then I saw this and remembered I don't think I've ever sat all the way through an Emmys show.

Plus, this is the real victory:

Edited by Ozymandias

And speaking of Emmys and Showtime, this report comes less than a day after Kenan dumped on them during the ceremony ("Stranger Things was hard to watch because it's scary! Squid Game was hard to watch because it's violent! Yellowjackets was hard to watch because it's on Showtime!"). Ouch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I kinda believe it but I also kinda don’t. We’ll see.

63-CE458-C-B493-43-D9-A5-D7-176085259-D4

i won't be but with the way things have been i wouldn't be surprised if on monday i try to watch netflix or something and get a message saying "CITIZEN WHY AREN'T YOU MOURNING?" and get shown the funeral anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Wut