Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

No love for Bezos, but one diffeence is that Bezos  does not  try to get himself in the headlines all the time like Musk does.

I am just saying Bezos i think as a sum total is far worse for society.

Musk personality is toxic but his tech at least has some real world benefits (starlink in remote areas, tesla pushing society to electric cars etc)...

bezos just killed off most of the small business in your town XD 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Bezos is responsible for Rings of Power so he is definitely more harmful to society than Elon Musk

I haven't watched any of that Lord of the Rings show since the first two episodes (which I didn't hate but weren't good enough for me to add it to my appointment TV). Should I even bother with the rest of the season?

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I haven't watched any of that Lord of the Rings show since the first two episodes (which I didn't hate but weren't good enough for me to add it to my appointment TV). Should I even bother with the rest of the season?

Well, if you're a fan of Tolkien and steeped in his lore, definitely no.  Its watchable, but I don't think it works on a dramatic level as its own thing either.

I'd strongly recommend Hot D instead if you haven't watched it yet, its got the grandeur of a Shakespearean drama wrapped up in the GOT aesthetic.  I got strong King Lear vibes in the second half of the show with King Viserys.  I haven't read Fire & Blood which the show is based on, but since this is GURM I suspect its going to unfold as an epic Greek tragedy going forward.  It kinda reminds me of everything the Star Wars prequels were going for but failed miserably at due to terrible writing/directing.

Edited by Ozymandias

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Well, if you're a fan of Tolkien and steeped in his lore, definitely no.  Its watchable, but I don't think it works on a dramatic level as its own thing either.

I'd strongly recommend Hot D instead if you haven't watched it yet, its got the grandeur of a Shakespearean drama wrapped up in the GOT aesthetic.  I got strong King Lear vibes in the second half of the show with King Viserys.  I haven't read Fire & Blood which the show is based on, but since this is GURM I suspect its going to unfold as an epic Greek tragedy going forward.  It kinda reminds me of everything the Star Wars prequels were going for but failed miserably at due to terrible writing/directing.

I did watch all of HOTD. It's good.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

What the hell is going on over at Netflix?

As I just said in the show's thread, Cavill just picked up his stuff and said "get lost" to his current gig following the Superman announcement. I assume this has been in negotiations for a while cause if not then this is the exactly the kind of production drama I live for.

That'll work as a start to the game. 👍

(not needed to be said, but the Phillies proved last night that this has all the hallmarks of a slugfest when it comes to runs, so the 'stros need to keep up the pressure)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

That'll work as a start to the game. 👍

(not needed to be said, but the Phillies proved last night that this has all the hallmarks of a slugfest when it comes to runs, so the 'stros need to keep up the pressure)

I was just gonna say - the Phils now have the Astros exactly where they want them again...8 innings of pressure to now hold a lead when they are the overwhelming favorite and the Phils can be the underdog again (which is the only time Philly teams win!)...

But damn, worst 1st inning start for Wheeler all season, I think...and then he calms down and the defense hands over a bonus run from the 2 new guys in the field...

4 minutes ago, XXXVIIR said:

CAN YOU STOP JINXING US! 

lucille-bluth-eyeroll.gif

I WILL COMMENT POSITIVELY IF I DAMN WELL FEEL LIKE IT

(I'm not the one who was claiming the series is all but in the bag for their team on this thread, I must also add)

((yes, I'm talking 'bout you, @TwoMisfits :lol:))

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

lucille-bluth-eyeroll.gif

I WILL COMMENT POSITIVELY IF I DAMN WELL FEEL LIKE IT

(I'm not the one who was claiming the series is all but in the bag for their team on this thread, I must also add)

((yes, I'm talking 'bout you, @TwoMisfits :lol:))

Have you met Philly fans - if we weren't wildly overconfident about our team, we wouldn't be Philly fans:)!

When we lose, it's b/c our team sucks and blows it, never b/c the other team beats us:)...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*ten seconds later*

Well, the Phils have kept up their series' pattern...Houston tried to help them out the last 2 innings, but they just couldn't string anything together all night...

PS - Not sure if the networks ramp the sound down or Astros fans are just not as loud as Philly fans...

Edited by TwoMisfits