Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 10/24/2022 at 10:11 AM, filmlover said:

Well, proof they you can be Black and still be a bigot.......

Love to here some of the convuluted  excuses fof this human debris that will cone out on the net.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:11 PM, filmlover said:

Is this the Yexodus that has been foretold?

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

Love to here some of the convuluted  excuses fof this human debris that will cone out on the net.

It's good he finally getting pushback

A lot of people where giving him a pass as he was black.

The Taylor album is truly a 4/10 at best. Her PR is Disney/Marvel level. 

The great Laura Dern humiliating herself by going from David Lynch and Steven Spielberg to appearing in a 37 (?) year old popstar's video where she plays Cinderella. 

Edited by Flopped

On 10/23/2022 at 4:41 PM, Porthos said:

E7gqKAfVkAMJQ2y?format=jpg&name=medium

(eleven years later and we still remember the infamous "double check marks")

Ahh my first year paying attention to the MLB. I was so hyped after the Tigers swept the Yankees only for us to get swept. Then the next year the Red Sox hit two crucial grand slams on us in the ALCS. Rough series but at least we were in the postseason lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ericstein's Monster said:

Damnit, Nick! Not Diet Coke!

Dr. Pepper was always my favorite. Stopped drinking it a while back to cut back on caffeine since it was making me feel on-edge for most of the day and gave me terrible headaches later. I miss it, wish they'd bring back the caffeine-free version.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

He's even lost his lawyer too in addition to that big Adidas deal among the latest businesses to cut ties. Hard for anyone to stick around when you're dead set on sabotaging yourself.

His bragging a couple of weeks ago that he could make Anti Semetic statements and Adidas would still not severe their relations with him was a brilliant move....that almost guaranteed the Adidas would get rid of him.

20 hours ago, dudalb said:

Do you think we’re… monks or gurus or something? What are you on about? The idea you needed proof that we could be bigots is insane. You thought homophobia, xenophobia, and anti-semitism just stopped existing in black communities? 

Also the problem I see here is that this man said slavery was a choice, Harriet Tubman didn’t do shit, don’t teach black kids black history, co-opted white supremacist slogans and talking points just 2 weeks ago, but it took a (incredibly predictable) turn to anti-semitism before those corporations did a damn thing. This man’s been displaying his disdain for the black consumer for years and adidas was absolutely fine with it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

Do you think we’re… monks or gurus or something? What are you on about? The idea you needed proof that we could be bigots is insane. You thought homophobia, xenophobia, and anti-semitism just stopped existing in black communities? 

Also the problem I see here is that this man said slavery was a choice, Harriet Tubman didn’t do shit, don’t teach black kids black history, co-opted white supremacist slogans and talking points just 2 weeks ago, but it took a (incredibly predictable) turn to anti-semitism before those corporations did a damn thing. This man’s been displaying his disdain for the black consumer for years and adidas was absolutely fine with it.

You would be amazed how many people give black celebs a pass on stupid behavior or make weak excuses for them.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You would be amazed how many people give black celebs a pass on stupid behavior or make weak excuses for them.

That’s not a black thing. That’s just CELEBRITY. We found out Bill Murray threw a 9 year old in the trash, and sexually assaulted someone a year ago (and now I see him in an Ant-Man trailer). Say anything about it and they’ll say it’s “cancel culture” run amok.

• Like 2