Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I'm not one to reflexively reject relationships with huge age gaps or act like women under 25 are inherently helpless victims around men, but...

"Daughters" was released when she was 4! Guess he's got to go for women too young to remember "sexual napalm" and "Dear John" being released...

Legit thought that was Mckenna Grace upon first glance (yes, I'm aware that she played the younger version of Shipka in flashbacks on that Sabrina show she was on lol).

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Legit thought that was Mckenna Grace upon first glance (yes, I'm aware that she played the younger version of Shipka in flashbacks on that Sabrina show she was on lol).

I'm of the mind that I'm not going to vilify the man in situations like this where the woman may be young but also old enough to choose to be in such a relationship. She is well aware of the age difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

So much for that Red Wave huh Miss Unemployed...

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

We already have a thread to discuss the election in the politics section.

Plus she hasn't lost yet.

(I will laugh for 15 minutes straight if she does, but right now it is razor thin close)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

Mckenna and Kiernan and Emma Watson need to hurry up and star in something where they play the same character at different ages.

10 hours ago, Verrows said:

I'm of the mind that I'm not going to vilify the man in situations like this where the woman may be young but also old enough to choose to be in such a relationship. She is well aware of the age difference.

Yeah, Kiernan turns 23 tomorrow. She might feel very differently about this love affair in her 30s, but she's not fresh out of high school, either. I'm not going to be like the online puriteens, going on about her cerebral cortex being underdeveloped or labeling this relationship "grooming". If she'd just gotten famous a year ago, I would still roll my eyes a bit, but wouldn't care as much.

But the idea of John Mayer and "Sally Draper" is just...ugh. It was just a character and she's grown up now, but...ick.

I wonder if Taylor Swift has recorded "Dear John (Taylor's Version)" yet? With the new "All Too Well", she threw in some lines about Jake's girlfriends staying young, when the original version wasn't even about that. "Dear John" already mentioned her youth to begin with, and that was a much smaller age gap. So this remix should be interesting...

• Like 1

This made me smile

:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63592386

Jones has nowhere near that amount of money ,of course. but I love the humiliation factor..and every penny the SOB does have should go to the famalies..although I think they don't really care about the money, they just wanted to see Jones exposed for the destestable liar he is..and they got that .

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

He better be worried about the FTC as well:

As always, never ever look for a silver bullet, but the mass resignations and firings over at Twitter isn't exactly painting a picture of a steady hand at the wheel.

(even when one wants to "move fast and break things" not pissing off the FTC or DOJ is probably a wise move)

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

FAFO???

(Mike Masnick retweeted this, FWIW.  I have no idea how or why Twitter Blue has been pulled in the US and whether or not this is just a temporary blip)

Just leading to the inevitable "Twitter no longer exists" timeline. 

Twitter Blue led to a lot of brand impersonation thanks to the verified label which I think is killing ad revenue as well.

Musk is burning it all down for no reason. He never thought he would have been compelled to actually follow through on his bid, and now has no idea what to do with this company. Would be funny if not for the real people affected by this who work at the company.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Musk is burning it all down for no reason. He never thought he would have been compelled to actually follow through on his bid, and now has no idea what to do with this company. Would be funny if not for the real people affected by this who work at the company.

The thing is, when you made your comment about people fleeing Twitter because of trolls and neo-nazis and whatnot, I disputed that because, as I noted at the time, Twitter is just too damn addicting and useful.  And even now, in all the chaos, it still is.

But damn if Musk isn't giving it the ol' college try to burn it all down.  More through ineptitude and ego than actual malice, IMO.

And unlike the US of A Federal Government, Twitter doesn't have a 240 year institutional history to keep it on the rails.  Nor lots and lots of guns, for that matter.

Still don't think Twitter is gonna implode in the next five and a half months.  Then again, I didn't expect Musk to be this big of an idiot when it came to actually running a business.  Not that being successful in one field of industry means you'll be successful in another.  But this is a whole nother level of "in waaaaaaaaaay over their heads".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Isn't it a good thing Twitter becomes irrelevant?

Journalists can finally do some journalism now then just scroll Twitter to get click bait content.

A-freaking-men!

I honestly wouldn't she'd a year if all of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok disappeared into thin air.

WHAT

IN

THE

ACTUAL

FUCK

@Menor Reborn @K'uk'ulkan XXR @MrPink @Deep Wang

Guess those rumors about massive friction were true after all.  Still, I'm utterly shocked that even winning the World Series with a dominant team wasn't enough to get more than a one year token offer.

(seriously, wtf)

• Haha 1