Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

My cousin tried watching a little bit of it with me when I was living with his family. I think he liked it but I've shied away from being too forward about it with them the last few years - since honestly, it is kind of a serialized TV show where a lot of the rewards for the adult fans are in following the characters' developing personalities and relationships over many episodes, and a skeptic likely isn't going to be hooked on one random episode. No interest in seeing the movie (or even thinking about it) and I can't really blame him.

He reciprocated with getting me on Amazing World of Gumball. That show is freaking hilarious. 

Edited by tribefan695

I think I've watched at least five different versions of A Christmas Carol this year.

Reginald Owen-1938

Alastar Sim-1951

Mr. Magoo-1962

Scrooge McDuck-1983

George C Scott-1984

Still to watch 

Michael Caine-1992

Patrick Stewart-1999

And I listened to an old radio version from the 30's/40's

Today has been so goddamn stressful:

My Target didn't stock Dunkirk 4K despite having the SKU, so I had to go to Walmart to get it :gold: 

I forgot to pick up my free $5 gift card when buying other items for my parents

I went to one pump at the gas station that was empty after I had been filling it for one gallon

EVERYONE ON THE ROAD IS SO GODDAMN SLOW

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Today has been so goddamn stressful:

My Target didn't stock Dunkirk 4K despite having the SKU, so I had to go to Walmart to get it :gold: 

I forgot to pick up my free $5 gift card when buying other items for my parents

I went to one pump at the gas station that was empty after I had been filling it for one gallon

EVERYONE ON THE ROAD IS SO GODDAMN SLOW

giphy.gif

#HanWorldProblem

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

lol and the Ocean's Eight thread just received it's first of what will likely be many lockings over the next six months. Honestly, what is it about these female-centric remakes that gets men on the Internet so goddamn mad over nothing? I ask as someone who is a white dude himself. Hollywood already is a place sadly limited in leading lady roles, and it's not like the originals are erased from existence.

Has everybody already forgotten the most recent Star Wars movies have had female leads?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

4channel hasn't :ph34r:

And you just locked it again. Sorry for contributing but still...

Just ban Lordmandeep from that thread. Or any thread for a movie that isn't a pre-packaged $300M+ hit so we don't have to see another one of his invisible arguments.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Lor San Tele said:

I don't care about giving MLP money... why would I? It's the chance to see my son have some fun and get to be with some friends (both him and me). There wasn't any downside no matter what I thought of the movie. 

i mean it's also a great film

(I kid, but it's cool you saw it with him)