Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I just started reading Ready Player One (finished The Disaster Artist last night too - What a story, Mark!). Loooooooord I'm mixed on this one, and I'm only 3 chapters (4 if you include the prologue) into the book. This is a really cool world, and the Oasis seems like a fun place to be. However, y'all really weren't exaggerating with the pop culture references :gold: The footnotes in the prologue were obnoxious as hell, and Chapter 3 was excruciating to read.

So the charges against me and my friends on academic plagiarism were dropped by the Academic Integrity Panel, and we were found not guilty of those. However, we were found guilty of "collusion" (ie working too closely on an assignment) so if will count as a first infraction on our academic record. However, the instructor was also told that they must change their course outline for next semester, more accurately detailing the line that must be crossed before something is sent to an academic panel, as the committee chair does not believe that it was presented to students clearly enough.

However, I am a little afraid. I don't know if this means that the teacher is now mad or doesn't like me, and because I have to take their class next semester since it is required, I'm worried that they are going to try and give us a second infraction for no reason. Like actively look for a word or two that may be similar between my work and someone else's, even though I vow to do all my work alone from now on at home.

My question is, should I make sure I always take pictures of myself doing my work in case this happens? Will it happen? And if it truly is for no reason (like I am taken in frontline of a panel again despite having done all my work on my own) will I be able to defend myself? Or will having one infraction hurt my credibility and the teacher can do or say whatever they want?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I just started reading Ready Player One (finished The Disaster Artist last night too - What a story, Mark!). Loooooooord I'm mixed on this one, and I'm only 3 chapters (4 if you include the prologue) into the book. This is a really cool world, and the Oasis seems like a fun place to be. However, y'all really weren't exaggerating with the pop culture references :gold: The footnotes in the prologue were obnoxious as hell, and Chapter 3 was excruciating to read.

Ready Player One seems like a cool movie idea visually, but the plotline sounds like a snooze if I were reading it in a novel.

• Like 1