Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

So the charges against me and my friends on academic plagiarism were dropped by the Academic Integrity Panel, and we were found not guilty of those. However, we were found guilty of "collusion" (ie working too closely on an assignment) so if will count as a first infraction on our academic record. However, the instructor was also told that they must change their course outline for next semester, more accurately detailing the line that must be crossed before something is sent to an academic panel, as the committee chair does not believe that it was presented to students clearly enough.

However, I am a little afraid. I don't know if this means that the teacher is now mad or doesn't like me, and because I have to take their class next semester since it is required, I'm worried that they are going to try and give us a second infraction for no reason. Like actively look for a word or two that may be similar between my work and someone else's, even though I vow to do all my work alone from now on at home.

My question is, should I make sure I always take pictures of myself doing my work in case this happens? Will it happen? And if it truly is for no reason (like I am taken in frontline of a panel again despite having done all my work on my own) will I be able to defend myself? Or will having one infraction hurt my credibility and the teacher can do or say whatever they want?

You could take pictures if you want, but that seems excessive. I'm also not sure if it'd help if you are somehow charged with something else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

So the charges against me and my friends on academic plagiarism were dropped by the Academic Integrity Panel, and we were found not guilty of those. However, we were found guilty of "collusion" (ie working too closely on an assignment) so if will count as a first infraction on our academic record. However, the instructor was also told that they must change their course outline for next semester, more accurately detailing the line that must be crossed before something is sent to an academic panel, as the committee chair does not believe that it was presented to students clearly enough.

However, I am a little afraid. I don't know if this means that the teacher is now mad or doesn't like me, and because I have to take their class next semester since it is required, I'm worried that they are going to try and give us a second infraction for no reason. Like actively look for a word or two that may be similar between my work and someone else's, even though I vow to do all my work alone from now on at home.

My question is, should I make sure I always take pictures of myself doing my work in case this happens? Will it happen? And if it truly is for no reason (like I am taken in frontline of a panel again despite having done all my work on my own) will I be able to defend myself? Or will having one infraction hurt my credibility and the teacher can do or say whatever they want?

This is just stupid really.

Unless there is a specific clause saying in an assignment that you cannot work together, there is no reason to charge you.

The thing is, when you do work together you have to be careful though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

Bright was fine. 

Interesting world building, solid plot. Nothing spectacular, not sure what the problem is. 

Vastly superior to Suicide Squad. 

I have no idea what the problem was for the reviews to be as negative as they are. There's nothing in this movie to cause such vitriolic hate like i've seen from these critics.

• Like 1