Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Going soft, Tele. :sadno:  Back in your younger days when someone dissed Lawrence of Arabia like that you'd do this:

FallOfMan-600x370.jpg

And toss them out of the forum for their transgressions. 

Spoiler

I've loved that painting ever since someone over at McCovey Chronicles photoshopped the GM's face on Michael and a pair of then reviled players on Adam's and Eve's faces when those two players got DFA'd. :rofl:

• ...wtf 1

Welp, lots of poor communication along the way but we did end up seeing Star Wars. Only with my cousin and we missed the first three minutes but he seemed to really love it so I guess that's good enough. Pretty good day overall.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

My screening of The Greatest Showman today had an exceptionally odd lineup of trailers. No Fox movies, a couple of Disney trailers (The Incredibles 2 and A Wrinkle in Time, both of which have been showing up on adult-oriented movies here for some reason), and then - not making this up: Olaf's Frozen Adventure and some direct-to-video thing called - wait for it - Gnome Alone.

Sure, Greatest Showman was PG, but the audience was about 95% over the age of 25.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

My screening of The Greatest Showman today had an exceptionally odd lineup of trailers. No Fox movies, a couple of Disney trailers (The Incredibles 2 and A Wrinkle in Time, both of which have been showing up on adult-oriented movies here for some reason), and then - not making this up: Olaf's Frozen Adventure and some direct-to-video thing called - wait for it - Gnome Alone.

Sure, Greatest Showman was PG, but the audience was about 95% over the age of 25.

I've had the misfortune of seeing the trailer for Peter Rabbit before three of the last four movies I saw (Greatest Showman, Jumanji, Pitch Perfect 3). I feel like that movie was made just to troll General Hux and especially us (Rose Byrne, Margot Robbie, Daisy Ridley, and Elizabeth Debicki all in one movie...and this is what we get?!).

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Sherlock Gnomes and this both being released in March

Wait... it's getting a theatrical release?!? I just assumed from the poor quality of the animation, the existence of gnome-based competition, and the October release date at the end of the trailer that it was some direct-to-video monstrosity whose trailer was downloaded by mistake. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened here; we've gotten a few Lionsgate Premiere trailers here before.