Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Not really sure where to put this, so might as well put it here:

My review of the new Century Doco and XD in Downtown Sacramento:  Needs work.

Okay, that's a little unfair since it is actually still under construction.  But only a little unfair.  I was unimpressed by the size of the concession area, as it's probably 1/2 half the size of the one over at Century Arden.  They clearly expect this to be a smaller theater for number of patrons, though, so perhaps it's alright.  It also does occupy a small footprint, so perhaps it's to be expected.

The XD theatre itself was fine, though there was this really weird glitch during all of the previews where the top 10% of the screen was misformatted and offset, like looking at a mirror refraction.  I think it put the crowd into a slightly sullen mood, and it might have impacted their state-of-mind watching The Last Jedi.  Thankfully the film itself was shown perfectly with no glitches whatsoever.  

The recliner seats were comfortable and the overall experience shows promise.  Plus they validate for the parking garage.

Not sure if I'd want to go there for Opening Night Film events, but once they get all the bugs ironed out, it should be decent enough.  It is pretty tightly packed though, so I might be worried a tad at how they will handle customers logistically speaking when there are large crowds for openers and other events.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Was thinking about seeing it tomorrow, but the showing I was gonna go to got canned for Jumanji :kitschjob: 

I am glad here they never can shows or else PP3 would be canned entirely after the first day :hahaha::whosad:

• Astonished 1

Hot take(?): I actually like the second PP better than the first. Yeah, it's a plotless run of gags but there's more of a commitment to being good-natured fun and it never tips into being mean-spirited, imo. Zero interest in seeing this one, though. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Hot take(?): I actually like the second PP better than the first. Yeah, it's a plotless run of gags but there's more of a commitment to being good-natured fun and it never tips into being mean-spirited, imo. Zero interest in seeing this one, though. 

The newest one honestly reminded me of The Hangover Part III, both inexplicably go down a more action-based road because they couldn't think of anything else to do with the premise after two movies. It's clear that everyone involved approached it like a contractual obligation and nothing more (never thought I'd say Adam DeVine would win at anything but he did here by missing out on this one).