Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Going to be cold af.

But it seems to be a reasonably hard school to get into. Probably would provide a lot of opportunities.

Hmm 

Well I'll tell him about the whether :P .

I am not entirely sure but I think that he actually did get into but he has some other options?!

Anyways, he also is a basketball player but it seems to me like the team is relatively week so I don't know it may be a problem If he wants to focus on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lor San Tele said:

No idea what you're talking about.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:58 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Actual words written in Ready Player One on the Oasis dude's favorite directors: "Cameron, Gilliam, Jackson, Fincher, Kubrick, Lucas, Spielberg, del Toro, Tarantino. And of course, Kevin Smith."

• Thanks 1

I've run into (yet another) dilemma about school and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I'm so sorry I keep doing this, but I really respect your guys' opinions!

So at the beginning of the year I decided I wanted to take pre req's for an Earth and Ocean Science degree. The college doesn't offer all of the first year courses (at the university I'm going to next year) so I'm already going to have to be doing some first year courses in my second year (I'll have to take a few EOS courses, a first year physics, math). But as the semester went on I looked at other programs and realized there's a few things I want to try, namely anthropology/archeology would be something I would be interested in.

Now, the college offers 2 anthropology courses I could take next semester (one first year course one second year and I could take both). However, they are at the same time as the chem lab, so I would have to drop second semester Chem. That would, if I were to stick with science, yet another course behind pace, however it would allow me to try something new to see maybe if it would be something I would like to pursue instead.

The flip side is, well, I would be further and further behind in science. Chem part 1 from first semester will transfer on its own so I only would need to take part 2 next year, but it would set me behind. I would have started something that I never ended up finishing and the transition may not be very easy. I really want to try anthropology but I'm not sure if it is worth the risk.

There's also calculus part 2, which I got 66% in part 1 I'm just concerned with passing it because I have a lot of scholarship money for next year riding on my keeping my GPA up so I might drop that as well as take it next year too, but again, that sets me further behind.

So my timetable next semester right now looks like

Bio

Stats

Intro to English Literature

Chem Principles

Calculus

or it could look like

Bio

Stats

english lit

anthropology

intro to archeology

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

27 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

No idea what you're talking about.

On December 22, 2017 at 8:58 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Actual words written in Ready Player One on the Oasis dude's favorite directors: "Cameron, Gilliam, Jackson, Fincher, Kubrick, Lucas, Spielberg, del Toro, Tarantino. And of course, Kevin Smith."

So you're against the book because of a tongue-in-cheek opinion by one of the characters in it? Good lord.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I've run into (yet another) dilemma about school and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I'm so sorry I keep doing this, but I really respect your guys' opinions!

So at the beginning of the year I decided I wanted to take pre req's for an Earth and Ocean Science degree. The college doesn't offer all of the first year courses (at the university I'm going to next year) so I'm already going to have to be doing some first year courses in my second year (I'll have to take a few EOS courses, a first year physics, math). But as the semester went on I looked at other programs and realized there's a few things I want to try, namely anthropology/archeology would be something I would be interested in.

Now, the college offers 2 anthropology courses I could take next semester (one first year course one second year and I could take both). However, they are at the same time as the chem lab, so I would have to drop second semester Chem. That would, if I were to stick with science, yet another course behind pace, however it would allow me to try something new to see maybe if it would be something I would like to pursue instead.

The flip side is, well, I would be further and further behind in science. Chem part 1 from first semester will transfer on its own so I only would need to take part 2 next year, but it would set me behind. I would have started something that I never ended up finishing and the transition may not be very easy. I really want to try anthropology but I'm not sure if it is worth the risk.

There's also calculus part 2, which I got 66% in part 1 I'm just concerned with passing it because I have a lot of scholarship money for next year riding on my keeping my GPA up so I might drop that as well as take it next year too, but again, that sets me further behind.

Bio

Stats

Chem Principles

Calculus

or it could look like

Bio

Stats

english lit

anthropology

intro to archeology

Can you take anthropology and archaeology over the summer? The 2nd science course in a series is normally restricted to the Spring semester at a lot of schools.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Bio

Stats

Chem Principles

Calculus

or it could look like

Bio

Stats

english lit

anthropology

intro to archeology

The first sounds more preferable if that's what you want. I'm assuming you can take anthropology over the summer, especially if you are really that interested. Overall, I'd suggest thinking things over and taking the classes that you think are the most important. I remember I did the same thing during the first year of college, and wound up dropping some classes that turned out to be for the better. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2