Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

imo more than 2 movies in a day and it just becomes noise at that point. why i never trust reviews from film critics at festivals who are getting 5 flicks a day. that shit isn't sinking in.

fucking thank you

3 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I watch "bad" movies in the background while I write or work too if im not at the office. Plus, I don't have a game system. My boss gave me a fucking Xbox one like 8 months ago because they got a new one and its sitting in my closet. Ive never hooked it up. Not a video game guy. 

I have a mailbox if you wanna slide over that Xbox collecting dust.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

imo more than 2 movies in a day and it just becomes noise at that point. why i never trust reviews from film critics at festivals who are getting 5 flicks a day. that shit isn't sinking in.

I think it depends on the movie a lot of the time.  when I watched something like, say, Black Swan for the first time, I wanted to let it sink instead of going right into a new movie and it ended up being the only movie I watched that day.  if it's something like Despicable Me though, then there's really nothing to sink in and you can probably just go watch something else and not miss much.

7ac.jpg

The constant denigration of CGI in particular is intensely irritating to me.  It plays all too easily into the Practical Effects GOOD, Computers BAD mob mentality out there. What many people don't realize is just how much computers touch everything  on the screen in some productions.  Included those oh so better 'practical effects'.

This was more of a insider rant apparently, but there is something us Joe and Jane Everybodies can do:

For gods sakes STOP BITCHING ABOUT CGI IN MOVIES FOLKS!!!! :rant: 

Criticize 'bad' use of CGI, sure.  But at least recognize that CGI is far more prevalent in the modern movie biz than one notices.

(end rant)

((BCC's tweets to J.J. Abrams for no particular reason))

• Like 5

@CJohn

Terrible Portugal dubs:

WTF? It can't be serious! LOL :hahaha:

Edited by SpiritComix
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think it depends on the movie a lot of the time.  when I watched something like, say, Black Swan for the first time, I wanted to let it sink instead of going right into a new movie and it ended up being the only movie I watched that day.  if it's something like Despicable Me though, then there's really nothing to sink in and you can probably just go watch something else and not miss much.

I watched Black Swan and mother! for the first time on the same day back in September :hahaha: 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

I'm so drunk so I'm speaking...I'm a good person...so why doesn't my mother get it? whatevr fuck it. my sisters understand it. but whatever. fuck it. amazing how you can have your heart broken for being yourself

• Like 1
  • Sad 3