Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I used to just go down IMDB's top 250 to fill out my watchlist. When I realized I was still ignoring movies and TV shows that way, I decided to go by # of votes times the rating. Hence why I now find myself trying to watch all of Supernatural.

That seems like a... weird way of doing it :lol:

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

That seems like a... weird way of doing it :lol:

Weird, but effective. No one has a library of titles as big as theirs nor a userbase as big voting on it.

And I probably would never have watched Supernatural otherwise, but it's a pretty fun show.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Eevin said:

jesus.

six month hiatus and i hardly recognize this place.

@aabattery is a mod and @Just Tele isn't? 

BKB is permabanned? @raegr went fucking insane and is also permabanned?

i'm sure there's more

oh well

nice to be back

hi everyone

Welcome back my friend, stay a while(and listen).

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Weird, but effective. No one has a library of titles as big as theirs nor a userbase as big voting on it.

And I probably would never have watched Supernatural otherwise, but it's a pretty fun show.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I have never watched any of Supernatural but I love all the amazing gifs and memes it has provided over the years.

Supernatural is a nice little black hole to get caught up in. So many seasons too, I gotta pick it back up some time from mid-season 11 considering it's already on season 13. I guess this show is never ending...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Supernatural is a nice little black hole to get caught up in. So many seasons too, I gotta pick it back up some time from mid-season 11 considering it's already on season 13. I guess this show is never ending...

Looking forward to Supernatural: The Geriatric Years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I used to just go down IMDB's top 250 to fill out my watchlist. When I realized I was still ignoring movies and TV shows that way, I decided to go by # of votes times the rating. Hence why I now find myself trying to watch all of Supernatural.

For all the faults of the IMDB 250, there is a great diversity of films on the list and is perfect for someone new to movie watching to check out.

I will say the list has introduced me to a lot of films I normally would not watch, especially Foreign FIlms. 

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I love Supernatural. It's the perfect blend of not being serious/being serious, mixed with we're just here having fun. Plus, easily the best show on the CW.

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

It's really found a stride in season 5, which I'm currently watching. It's mixing the short and long term plotlines a lot more engagingly now.

Supernatural seasons 1-5 are legit really fantastic television. Seasons 6-10 are pure fanfiction though :lol:, still entertaining but it just shows that they're going in circles. Season 11 was extremely enjoyable and on par with the early seasons for me. Im excited for Seasons 12 and 13 which i didnt have a chance to watch yet.

In personal movie news, Annabelle: Creation was nice. Solid little film, happy for its success. And @aabattery one director that isnt particulary well known in mainstream circles is Park-Chan-wook. Oldboy, The Handmaiden (!) and Lady Vengeance are masterpieces imo. Watch them if you havent already :)

14 hours ago, DAJK said:

HOLY fucking shit I just noticed that Spectre opened to nearly 70M in the UK. With something like a 97k PTA.

Now, I know thing's get a little difficult when converting from international to a domestic equivalent, but wouldn't that be something like a 380M opening weekend here, if not more, if a movie on 4000 theatres had a 97k PTA. Does anyone have any way of calculating equivalent from UK box office to domestic?

Spectre's numbers are skewed by the fact it opened on a Monday so it essentially had a six and a half day opening because UK Box office bundled previews numbers with the OW.

• Like 1