Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just wondering, are there going to be any anniversary countdowns this year? I rather liked our 5th, 10th, 20th and 30th anniversary countdowns and it gave me incentive to watch movies from those years.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The more you tighten your censoring grip WB, the more signatures will slip through your fingers.

Like Tom Brady.

I'm gonna take over the Eagles on Madden 18 and slowly ruin them and send you constant updates. 

Okay probably not. But still.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Just wondering, are there going to be any anniversary countdowns this year? I rather liked our 5th, 10th, 20th and 30th anniversary countdowns and it gave me incentive to watch movies from those years.

I’m in if Tele is in. Have the calculations down to an algorithm now so it’s much easier for me to get the lists in order.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I’m in if Tele is in. Have the calculations down to an algorithm now so it’s much easier for me to get the lists in order.

What year would you been interested in doing first?

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I hated The Terminal. Thought it should've been directed by the serious, Oscar baiting Spielberg and not the whimsical, funny one.

I disagree :lol:. This movie would not work if you played it completely straight. Plus the whimsy helps the emotional bits hit harder.

My expectation with the premise was that it would've been something like an urban Cast Away. Thought there was really good dramatic potential for a movie about a guy left stranded because of human bureaucracy. Was really disappointed that it was framed as cat and mouse hijinks.

Also Hanks and Zeta Jones had zero chemistry.

maybe a total page one retooling of everything but there's some problematic shit about that movie that at least i can shrug off as "eh, at least this flick's just a goof" cos it would've got me mad if it was played straight. i know spielberg's reason for making the film was that he wanted to make something Tati-esque which doesn't really come across AT ALL but hey it would've been good if it did!

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

We’ll have a top 100 of all time countdown in May, I’m planning on putting the thread up once we finish the BOFFYS.

It’s up to whoever wants to do those countdowns to make them.