Alli

WEEKEND Thread | 'Jigsaw' -16.2M; TYFYS- 3.7M; Suburbicon- 2.8M

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think Ready Player One, Black Panther, The Grinch (which I didn’t even know was happening) and Robin Hood are being way overestimated. 

BP is the only movie that has real hype and looks great so I think it will meet estimations. RP1 is overestimated cause Spielberg (who hasn't had a blockbuster hit in forever, I'm not counting Lincoln cause different genre) and popular book (with gamers?)  but I'm getting BR2049 vibe from it with much worse trailer. Another cold IP that won't connect with GA.

Grinch, lol, I didn't know it was happening either and I hang out here. 

Robin Hood is gonna bomb like Arthur. Nobody cares for medieval flicks anymore cause GoT scratches that itch and nothing they put on the big screen can measure up to majesty that's GoT.  

Edited by Valonqar

Demo breakdowns: http://deadline.com/2017/10/jigsaw-george-clooney-suburbicon-madea-halloween-thank-you-for-your-service-1202196050/

Jigsaw:

The gender split is 57/43 in favor of males (Thursday was one point higher/lower)

60% of the audience is over 25

Audiences under 25 and under 18 gave it an A-

Thank You:

The gender split is 57/43 in favor of males

74% of the audience is over 25

39% of the audience is over 50

Suburbicon:

The gender split is 55/45 in favor of males

90% of the audience is over 25

54% of the audience is over 50, who gave it an F

Men over 25 and women gave it a D-

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BP is the only movie that has real hype and looks great so I think it will meet estimations. RP1 is overestimated cause Spielberg (who hasn't had a blockbuster hit in forever, I'm not counting Lincoln cause different genre) and popular book (with gamers?)  but I'm getting BR2049 vibe from it with much worse trailer. Another cold IP that won't connect with GA.

Grinch, lol, I didn't know it was happening either and I hang out here. 

Robin Hood is gonna bomb like Arthur. Nobody cares for medieval flicks anymore cause GoT scratches that itch and nothing they put on the big screen can measure up to majesty that's GoT.  

I'm outta likes but I defacto like this post. :sparta:

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

That's anecdotal.

What about actual numbers and data? Is Stranger Things GOT popular, Rick and Morty popular or American Horror Story popular?

I would imagine it's at least as populated of not more so than all of those. 

I don't wanna change the topic to the Grinch but since people are questioning it breaking out, fuck it:

-Illumination marketing (they know how to market a movie.  even people who don't like them (like me) can't argue with that)

-prime mid-November release spot (should take advantage of very strong late legs, wouldn't be surprised if theaters keep it through January)

-most people love the original Grinch film.  It's pretty much become a holiday staple.  Even the Jim Carrey one made $260M in 2000 ($400M+ adjusted). 

-that film also had a lot of competition as well which is why the competition this time around (which is really just Wreck-it Ralph 2 and animated Spider-Man, maybe Mary Poppins Returns) doesn't effect my prediction (compared to competition from Rugrats in Paris, 102 Dalmatians, and Emperor's New Groove -- you could make the argument that the aforementioned movies will be bigger, but I don't see them being much more than mid-level hits).

I don't think it'll be good, but there's a lot of ingredients here that make me think it'll be a breakout.

• Like 1

3.97 is a 46% drop for BR2049 from last weekend (7.35)

Is on 81.4 cume. Thor3 will hit everything coming weekend.

2.0x more will give it 81.4 + 7.94 = 89.34 dom

Will be tough to do more than 89-90 with heavy competition coming up.