Alli

WEEKEND Thread | 'Jigsaw' -16.2M; TYFYS- 3.7M; Suburbicon- 2.8M

56 minutes ago, grim22 said:

But thanks to exchange rates, that is lower than Thor 2 in USD. That one opened to 109.4M in 2013.

Didn't that movie open in some other countries this new one didn't open in?

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I legit don't get what A24 is doing with The Florida Project. They're waiting way too fucking long to expand. If this is going into 300+ theaters next week, the PTA is gonna be below 2k.

It looks like they’re doing the slow expansion route. I’m sure if it came out booming like Moonlight they would have expanded sooner. 

Edited by babz06

I'm super curious to see how A24 decided to handle Disaster Artist's release. I think if they start out platform (4-10 theatres) it could do 100k PTA for sure. But if they go wide, I could see it opening to about 10M and having a leggy run throughout December.

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm super curious to see how A24 decided to handle Disaster Artist's release. I think if they start out platform (4-10 theatres) it could do 100k PTA for sure. But if they go wide, I could see it opening to about 10M and having a leggy run throughout December.

I've said this countless times, but they should really just scrap the limited release on December 1 and go wide then instead of waiting one week. NOTHING is releasing wide on December 1.

• Like 1