Alli

WEEKEND Thread | 'Jigsaw' -16.2M; TYFYS- 3.7M; Suburbicon- 2.8M

Nope'd the fuck out of The Snowman after 15 minutes because of the audience. How the fuck did it have 15-20 people????? The trailers were a bad omen of what lied ahead. Imagine hearing "Oh I love Denzel! I'll see anything he's in!" or "Is that Superman????" 10 goddamn times EACH in a single trailer. Ughhhhhhh

The 15 minutes I tolerated were pretty fucking dank though :hahaha: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nope'd the fuck out of The Snowman after 15 minutes because of the audience. How the fuck did it have 15-20 people????? The trailers were a bad omen of what lied ahead. Imagine hearing "Oh I love Denzel! I'll see anything he's in!" or "Is that Superman????" 10 goddamn times EACH in a single trailer. Ughhhhhhh

You need to learn how to spend your disposable income better.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I saw The Snowman in a show with like 70 other people and 99% of them were older and never made any noise. What type of old people live in America?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Separate topic but certainly relevant to this weekend...finding Stranger things very slow and it isn't really keeping my interest. I loved the first season...  Anyway, I probably WILL go to the theater after all

That's a common complaint. Everyone says the cast saves it, and if it wasn't for the chemistry, this would likely be yellow on Metacritic. I'm gonna start watching it tonight.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I saw The Snowman in a show with like 70 other people and 99% of them were older and never made any noise. What type of old people live in America?

Trump supporters. 

Please never come to a rural area of Florida that is so densely populated with old people. I legit have never had any issue with anyone under the age of 55-60 talking in theaters outside of a few kids movies. It isn't hard to be quiet for 2 hours!

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Separate topic but certainly relevant to this weekend...finding Stranger things very slow and it isn't really keeping my interest. I loved the first season...  Anyway, I probably WILL go to the theater after all

With how much the first half was better than the second of the first season, it is not too surprising, the first season could have been easily a 1h50m movie.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Trump supporters. 

Please never come to a rural area of Florida that is so densely populated with old people. I legit have never had any issue with anyone under the age of 55-60 talking in theaters outside of a few kids movies. It isn't hard to be quiet for 2 hours!

I always have problems with groups of teens here. Never had any problem with older people.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trump supporters. 

I gotta admit, old people can be the worst in theatres. Granted, 90% of them are friendly, respectful, and all around good people. But you obviously get those few bad apples who are rude or won't shut up.

If you're an usher and have to go get kids to quiet down, usually they listen to you, or teenagers, even adults most of the time will respect it when you tell them they're bothering the rest of the audience. But if you try and talk to an old person, or god forbid, have to ask them to leave after multiple offended, you'd better hope God is watching over you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I always have problems with groups of teens here. Never had any problem with older people.

From experience, group of teens peak higher problem wise, but in % of chance of people talking during the movie, a group of old people are maybe the highest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Jigsaw is following Saw 3D pretty closely then. Good opening all things considered.

YIKES at TYFYS

Oof, 3.5M for Service would be awful. Poor Teller :(

3M for suburbicon... really America? I want LOWER!!! I got nothing against the film, but watching something I don't really care about bomb spectacularly can be fun:hahaha:

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

:hahaha::hahaha:

Spoiler

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Haha 1