Alli

WEEKEND Thread | 'Jigsaw' -16.2M; TYFYS- 3.7M; Suburbicon- 2.8M

4 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Also, Miles Teller was in Bleed for This, War Dogs, and Divergent 3 last year!

Is the fact that Fantastic Four did not come up in my mind for recent Teller failure without looking at is filmography, a good or a bad sign ?

Either way it would be easy to understand him to be piss off about missing on La la land for is follow up to the excellent Whiplash, what a game changer it would have been to replace some of those output by that one.

Jonah Hill drawing power will look good on this list of Teller movies:

Date Title (click to view) Studio Lifetime Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Rank
10/27/17 Thank You for Your Service (2017) Uni. n/a 2,054 n/a 2,054 16
10/20/17 Only The Brave Sony $8,490,057 2,577 $6,002,665 2,577 11
11/18/16 Bleed for This ORF $5,083,906 1,549 $2,366,810 1,549 13
8/19/16 War Dogs WB $43,034,523 3,258 $14,685,305 3,258 7
Edited by Barnack

Fwiw Thank You for Your Service is picking up fast on Google trending and more than double yesterday's peak already.  I guess we will see if that predicts a min breakout from here or not...usually does since I've been watching it

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Watching It Follows, did ID:R just stop Maika Monroe's momentum? It seemed like she was being rumored for all roles after It Follows came out, post ID:R that just stopped.

Holy Shit, i completely forgot that ID2 even existed! But that trainwreck is like the definition of possible career killer i suppose. Would be a shame, i really liked her in It Follows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Watching It Follows, did ID:R just stop Maika Monroe's momentum? It seemed like she was being rumored for all roles after It Follows came out, post ID:R that just stopped.

Just looked at her wikipedia page and holy moly she's got 7 movies coming out this year.

None of them have seemed to do... anything really, but still. That's a lot of movies!

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

she's pretty bad just generally even in the good movies. it'd be good if independence day 2 managed to take down the careers of all the young actors in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

Fwiw Thank You for Your Service is picking up fast on Google trending and more than double yesterday's peak already.  I guess we will see if that predicts a min breakout from here or not...usually does since I've been watching it

Doesn't matter when it's already gonna be making less than $4M this weekend.

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Starving for an IP to work is a good way to put it, I mean

Transformers 7 Paramount 6/28/19
Top Gun (2019) Paramount 7/12/19
Untitled Terminator Project Paramount 7/26/19
The SpongeBob Movie Paramount 8/2/19
Beverly Hills Cop (2016) Paramount TBD
The Brazilian Job (a.k.a. The Italian Job II) Paramount TBD
Friday the 13th (2016) Paramount TBD

Terminator 2 (2017) Paramount TBD
Terminator 3 (2018) Paramount TBD

I can see all of these possible going sub $100M.

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Annihilation is at least supposed to be brilliant, and maybe it'll be a minor breakout. MI6 should perform on par with the last two. Maybe an unexpected hit here or there. But otherwise yeah.

Annihilation is gonna bomb. In addition what Tele has said in the past about it, the trailer never gets good reactions in my audiences (be it an audience full of teens, half and half between teens and seniors, or nearly all seniors).

• Sad 1