aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

7 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Decent enough drop forJigsaw, should get over 2.0 multi with that. Doing much better than I thought it would, managed to outgross Rings anyway. Doing well worldwide also.

Jigsaw will probably have the best multiplier of the series, after the first movie ( which opened with 18 million and went on to make 55 million domestic ). It's doing good, considering the huge competition everywhere. Might finish with something between 35-40 million domestic. It's doing better than Happy Death Day overseas, and that's surprising considering its R rating.

I'm glad it's performing well. The producers were smart to keep the budget at 10 million. I won't be surprised if they confirm "JIIgsaw" next year. :)

13 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

That means Coco is a very good movie (it's Pixar, nothing from them can be considered as bad). Some people are predicting a box office for Coco at Brave's levels ... i think it's gonna go like InsideOut, on the 800M+ ww.

Cars 2 says Hello! I couldn't even sit through the whole movie

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Jigsaw will probably have the best multiplier of the series, after the first movie ( which opened with 18 million and went on to make 55 million domestic ). It's doing good, considering the huge competition everywhere. Might finish with something between 35-40 million domestic. It's doing better than Happy Death Day overseas, and that's surprising considering its R rating.

I'm glad it's performing well. The producers were smart to keep the budget at 10 million. I won't be surprised if they confirm "JIIgsaw" next year. :)

I’m still trying to figure out why the movie cost that much. 

Guardians 2 and Thor 3 both did 427 in 12 days. While Thor has additional market in Japan that Guardians did not, Guardians did do 25m DOM in ow. Which means Thor has done about 21 million more in OS countries than Guardians 2 did. 

Bodes well for 500+ OS

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, meriodejaneiro said:

Even a bad Pixar movie script is better than 90% of the rest animated movies from any studio. And visually talking, probably unbeatable. I'm not talking of Oscars contender, for sure. 

....once upon a time I would agree but it’s not automatic anymore. Whatever the reasons (perhaps while Pixar declined, others caught up to a point?) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Even a bad Pixar movie script is better than 90% of the rest animated movies from any studio. And visually talking, probably unbeatable. I'm not talking of Oscars contender, for sure. 

WDAS had 2 pretty amazing movies last year

Great opening. A bit disappointed it didn't hit the 135-145 range I really thought it would, but nonetheless there's no way to gripe about a 120m+ opening for a Thor movie released in early November. Disney knocked it out of the park with the movie's marketing from day 1. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RRA said:

I’m still trying to figure out why the movie cost that much. 

It's basically the same budget of Saw 3,4,5 and 6. Saw 7 ( 3D ) had a budget of 17 million, but that's because of the 3D thing.

This is Tobin Bell's 8th movie. You have to assume he probably got a decent paycheck for that. 

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Speaking of imprssive, it’s very impressive that all the MCU and DCEU movies this year will cross the $800M WW mark. Marvel will have all three of their film cross $300M and DC will have all two of their films cross $400M

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Marvel with 3 films over 800 million we this year and all were pretty great additions to mcu.

It's a year with five major superhero releases so far, and I think there's a legitimate argument one can make for each of those being the best one of the year.

May be a long time before we see another year like it for the genre.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It's basically the same budget of Saw 3,4,5 and 6. Saw 7 ( 3D ) had a budget of 17 million, but that's because of the 3D thing.

This is Tobin Bell's 8th movie. You have to assume he probably got a decent paycheck for that. 

They shouldn’t have cost that much. As for Bell....he can’t be that pricey. 

1 minute ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

It's a year with five major superhero releases so far, and I think there's a legitimate argument one can make for each of those being the best one of the year.

May be a long time before we see another year like it for the genre.

It legit could be the best spandex movie year ever 

3 minutes ago, bladels said:

WDAS had 2 pretty amazing movies last year

I consider WDAS and Pixar kind of a "team". Don't know to which point they are 100% independent one from each other, or they share writers/directors/3d animation staff... I meant other studios apart from Disney (and its brands)

• Like 2