aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Summer Sundays are stronger due to no schools on Monday. WONDR dropped an insane 16-17% on Sunday. This one at best will hold to 26-28%.

As twomisfits posted though several huge east coast systems are off Monday and Tuesday.  

24 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Jigsaw (in a smaller way than some of it's counterparts this year) is yet another win for horror.

Smaller post Halloween drop than I expected for sure.  Much higher total than many expected at this point

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I'm glad to see the film has become such a sleeper hit, especially since it's been overshadowed by more star-driven arthouse flicks. Hopefully, I'll have time next week to see it before it eventually disappears from my theater.

17 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Why would it follow DS path, when it's even holding better than WW did in summer?

DS was kind of new thing, without other MCU characters for a team-up movie. Thor is 3rd entry and has other MCU known characters in it. Expectations are higher for T:R than for DS. I think it's sunday drop will be closer to WW's than DS's. 

And following WW takes T:R to 126,1M

You're acting like it's harder to have a good Friday-Saturday hold outside of the summer. But the complete opposite is true. Schools deflate Fridays, which makes a good Saturday hold easier to achieve outside of the summer. Holding as well as WW on Sunday is much harder outside of the summer, while holding as well on Saturday is much easier.

Edited by Ephemeris
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Deadline did increase the tracking for Thor3 to 125 in the article it wrote for JL's first tracking (which it had at 110-120).

The 3 week out tracking was 90-110 by all trades. The tracking on monday by all trade was 100-120. That 125 number was given only by Deadline midweek as a sidenote in a JL article. 

• Like 2

Tried a new way to track animated films marketing. Since Wimpy Kid 2 is on CN, which was the shit back in the day and I’m bored, I count the amount of ads I get for animated movies yet to be released and see how much I get in a hour.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1