Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

Complete bullshit. The dwarves are distinct to make it easier for the audience to tell them apart.

If Peter Jackson had not make difference between them he would be critized because of it too... I think it's a very good idea. You can't put 13 equal characters in a ¿2 1/2 movie? Not loonies would come crazy.

Well, I think in your location, Austria, you have similar tastes. ROTK grossed nearly 10 million. I've only seen Avatar and Ice age 3 grossing more since then (correct me if I'm wrong). TA has grossed 2 million. Where it can land, 3 million? maybe 4? I don't know if Austria likes superheroes or don't, but that's still a very huge difference.

We are the only country were TA did not open at No1.I am a statistician and plan to do a cluster analysis with BO results to show similarities in tastes between different countries.
  • Like 1

The answer to this may be buried in the thread somewhere, but is The Avengers the fastest movie to hit 1B WW?

Both Avatar and DH2 hit the mark on the third Sunday after their international rollout.... so Avengers is tied with them for the record.

Both Avatar and DH2 hit the mark on the third Sunday after their international rollout.... so Avengers is tied with them for the record.

With The Avengers barely being over the mark, using the highest figure rule, it ranks third.... Who is first and second out of the two?

With The Avengers barely being over the mark, using the highest figure rule, it ranks third.... Who is first and second out of the two?

19th day:The Avemgers 1000M ( 1002M estimates, actuals down 2M i guess, it might not even have crossed 1 billion in 19 days but Disney must stick with it :)HP 7.2 1008MAvatar 1022M Edited by dezorz

TA had one less weekend domestically.

But that might have actually helped since the incredible international performance acted as another promotion for the US release. There is a chance that The Avengers would have done less OW DOM if it was initially released day-and-date everywhere.