Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

discount tuesdays overseas? :lol:Geesh! That's nice.

Discount Tuesdays (more commonly known as "tight ass Tuesday") is generally the 3-5th busiest day of the week normally.Come school holidays... It sometimes outsells the other days 3:1!

Who loves The Avengers the most

theor._ country_size_ TA

504.86 Mexico 333.4 _ 50.3

389.50 DOM 3,346.3 _ 389.5

387.06 Brazil 380.4 _ 44.0

383.59 South Korea 362.9 _ 41.6

326.12 Australia 401.2 _ 39.1

312.87 UK 692.0 _ 64.7

270.61 Italy 253.5 _ 20.5

261.27 Russia 453.4 _ 35.4

229.95 China 764 _ 52.8

216.76 France 497.1 _ 32.2

213.16 Spain 265.3 _16.9

166.21 Germany 485.2 _ 24.1

130.92 Austria 63.5 _2.5

_____ Japan 640.0 __

table shows theoretical gross of TA, country, sum of country's top15 Hollywodblockbusters 2011 and TA's real gross in that country

countries are ordered descending by their theoretical TA gross

Theoretical TA gross corrects for the size of the market in terms of Hollywood-blockbusters (local blockbusters are not taken into account)

DOM will end up first, America rules, UK stands between us and them, but it is an European country after all, Asia is inbetween

according to my size criteria China is already the 2nd biggest Hollywood-blockbuster-market, but of course they don't get the smaller hollywood movies and their local market is under developped

Japan ? If they do the (expert) predicted 30 they will beat us Austrians and with theoretical 156.86 be last but one

I would like to add India - data please (I need 15 top hbb 2011)

If there is interest I will add other territories

Edited by Rudolf

I don't think it's slowing down at all, and I think that while it's unlikely it will get to $1B OS, I wouldn't be surprised if it did. :)

I can agree to that, but not that there is even an outside chance for it reaching $2b OS

It seems to be slowing down now. 1b OS won't happen.

All films have to slow down at some point. And 1B overseas was never really in play.

I think most of you are over you heads with this one.Aside from Spider-man and Batman superhero aren't that popular and aren't that liked. From these Avengers the hero with the most OS appeal is Thor.Iron Man - 266Iron man 2- 311Thor- 268Cpt America- 191The incredible Hulk - 128Looking at these numbers there is no way Avengers does more than 400.Avengers will be big in US, yes, comic books are part of their history but how do i put it in a nice way- outside USA not that many people care about cartoonish characters. I understand that for you a team of comic book superheros is a giant thing, but for people outside US this is just another summer action movie.My prediction - 360

LMAO
  • Like 1