Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

900M is out of the question. But it's OK

Not really. It should be around 840M-850M without Japan and all it needs is to breakout in Japan. I have it finishing around 870-875M with about 30M from Japan.

If my numbers are right, the Avengers solo films Japanese grosses each adjust to below 12M (TDK adjusts to 15-18M). On the bright side so far TA has proven to gross mostly a lot closer to the SM films than the solo films. The Japanese grosses of SM 1,2,&3 all adjust to north of 66M. So if the Avengers are as well attended as the SM films (not hard to do since none of the SM films broke records in japan afaik) 66M + 3D might be the floor. The caveat is that all of the SM films opened in Japan within 10 days of opening stateside. Remains to be seen how the late late late release affects revenue :(.

If my numbers are right, the Avengers solo films Japanese grosses each adjust to below 12M (TDK adjusts to 15-18M). On the bright side so far TA has proven to gross mostly a lot closer to the SM films than the solo films. The Japanese grosses of SM 1,2,&3 all adjust to north of 66M. So if the Avengers are as well attended as the SM films (not hard to do since none of the SM films broke records in japan afaik) 66M + 3D might be the floor. The caveat is that all of the SM films opened in Japan within 10 days of opening stateside. Remains to be seen how the late late late release affects revenue :(.

From what I understand, part of the delay in releasing the movie in Japan was so that Disney could address the way the lead in films had been marketed. Disney knows they underperformed, and they want to correct that for TA.Obviously how TA performs in Japan is a big unknown. However, I feel the comments saying 900M OS won't / can't happen are incorrect. MI:Ghost Protocol made just shy of $70M in Japan. If TA can get close to that kind of number, it WILL hit 900M. It's distinctly possible.
  • Like 1

Is it really interesting whether it makes over/under 900m OS?It would be nice if TA could end over 1.5b WW

Its still possible.$630m DOM$870m OS1.5B WWAnd I could even see both of those numbers going higher, especially if Japan breaks out.

Is it really interesting whether it makes over/under 900m OS?It would be nice if TA could end over 1.5b WW

For me it's just about a round number, 900 looks better than 870 or similar. Plus, the odds of it reaching 1.5b WW are better if it can reach 900m OS.Otherwsie no, not really. I don't see it catching the final Potter's OS number, so the best it can end up is #4 all-time OS, which it obviously has achieved already.

For me it's just about a round number, 900 looks better than 870 or similar. Plus, the odds of it reaching 1.5b WW are better if it can reach 900m OS.Otherwsie no, not really. I don't see it catching the final Potter's OS number, so the best it can end up is #4 all-time OS, which it obviously has achieved already.

Japan is the key to beating DH2 OS. You're thinking is correct that 900M looks pretty over 870M but does it matter to Disney? If it does than they could try to push it over 900M OS.

To all thinking that TA with having bigger grosses than AVATAR in some countries: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipines, Singapore, Peru, Venezuela, Taiwan that they are on even footingTA 6th weekend OS 16.3mAVATAR 6th weekend OS 108m

Edited by Rudolf

To all thinking that TA with having bigger grosses than AVATAR in some countries: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipines, Singapore, Peru, Venezuela, Taiwan that they are on even footingTA 6th weekend OS 16.3mAVATAR 6th weekend OS 108m

It's a dumb comparison since MIB3 TA lost most of the steam while Avatar didn't until AIW.