Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

S. Korea (admissions):Wednesday (incl previews): 79,838Thursday: 213,777Friday: 272,727For comparison, IM2 got:Previews: 5,951Thursday: 248,798Friday: 284.601So Avengers nearly caught up with IM2 on Friday. If it has the same jumps IM2 had on Sat/Sun, then it will have 1.64 admissions by Sunday, which calculates to $13M.

S. Korea (admissions):Wednesday (incl previews): 79,838Thursday: 213,777Friday: 272,727For comparison, IM2 got:Previews: 5,951Thursday: 248,798Friday: 284.601So Avengers nearly caught up with IM2 on Friday. If it has the same jumps IM2 had on Sat/Sun, then it will have 1.64 admissions by Sunday, which calculates to $13M.

It's pretty good, but sadly it's not a record.But apparently it's huge in Hong Kong so it's a good omen for China's numbers.

the first Friday in S.korea

IM2:

284,601 admissions 755 screens 4,203 showings

TA: 272,727 admissions 858 screens 4,091 showings

Sat

IM2 588,466 admissions 853 screens 4760 showings

Sun

IM2 530,171 admissions 839 screens 4534 showings

It's pretty good, but sadly it's not a record.But apparently it's huge in Hong Kong so it's a good omen for China's numbers.

Hong Kong is quite unusial market. Its culture is highly Westernized, everyone speaks English etc. The locals are very well acquainted with American superheroes. It's the only place in Asia where The Dark Knight was a major hit.

Hong Kong is quite unusial market. Its culture is highly Westernized, everyone speaks English etc. The locals are very well acquainted with American superheroes. It's the only place in Asia where The Dark Knight was a major hit.

And part of scenes were taken in Hong Kong, including the man caught by Batman. ;)

And part of scenes were taken in Hong Kong, including the man caught by Batman. ;)

TDK would have been huge anyway. My point is that HK residents are very much like Australians or New Zealanders with their movie preferences, very different from the mainland Chinese.

You're always pessimistic about The Avengers, too much! Let me guess : you're afraid The Avengers can do better than Batman TDKR? :PPersonally I love TA, and I'm sure Batman TDKR will be a wonderful movie, so I don't care, I just hope more than $1 billion for both :)

Italy:Previews: 0.4m eurosWednesday: 2.3m eurosThursday: 0.665m eurosShould get around 5m euros for Fri-Sun... so $11m 5-day weekend.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/marvels-the-avengers-breaking-records-overseas-already-after-todays-early-release/They speak of $2.7m not euros. Somewhere else I found those 2.7 include previews. Where do those 5m euros weekend come from?