WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | The most profitable movie of 2023

1 hour ago, cookie said:

What is it with video game adaptations flunking it with the uncanny valley? This one isn’t even live-action!

I may be out of touch but isn't this exactly what Super Mario looks like?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AJG said:

It’s the art style. He looks too ”real” and there’s too much detail on him. Mario’s always been more cartoony-looking because his proportions don’t translate well to whatever pseudo-realism they’re going for here.

It could just be a bad render, but his face looks like a creepy mask. I find it unsettling.

Edited by cookie

3 hours ago, AJG said:

Yes. Yes it is. Nerds just looking for shit to complain about. If that were on a cover of a game or whatever no one would be saying anything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AJG said:

I mean...yes, but it still looks a little bit off from how he looks in the games in terms of the textures and face and details. It's like when that Avengers game had the characters look like the actors but also not at the same time. Just as a reference...

description-image

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Yes. Yes it is. Nerds just looking for shit to complain about. If that were on a cover of a game or whatever no one would be saying anything.

It looks good. It looks like Super Mario with actual hair texture. 

It looks like the renders Nintendo would use if their games targeted graphical excellence like Playstation instead of the flatter peach-fuzz plastic look they use now.

• Like 1