DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Anyone bring up possible effect from Netflix releasing The Punisher this weekend?  Probably significant audience crossover and maybe made more sense to stay in and watch that instead the weekend before Thanksgiving for some (esp if they already went to the theater for Thor in the last 1-2weeks).  Hopefully some of those become deferred ticket sales for next weekend.

4 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Anyone bring up possible effect from Netflix releasing The Punisher this weekend?  Probably significant audience crossover and maybe made more sense to stay in and watch that instead the weekend before Thanksgiving for some (esp if they already went to the theater for Thor in the last 1-2weeks).  Hopefully some of those become deferred ticket sales for next weekend.

I doubt there was much of any kind of effect.

Well. Coco is now sharing a PLF at my theater with JL. JL was supposed to have Ultrascreen throughout Thanksgiving. So JL may lose or have to share some PLFs at theater. Might be troublesome for the 5 Day.

Edited by YourMother

8 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

If Game of Thrones and Stranger Things didn't have an impact on BO that can be verified, no way The Punisher does...do even Marvel fans care about it

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Well. Coco is now sharing a PLF at my theater with JL. So JL may lose or have to share some PLFs at theater. Might be troublesome for he 5 Day.

A lot of theaters around me didn't even book Justice League on that many screens when they got a shit ton for BvS last year. That should've been a sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

I'm just hoping this weekend comes in above July 7-9 which would be second biggest of the year (behind March 17-19) despite JL coming so far under expectations.  

And that next weekend is the biggest:)...hopefully pretty holds for all the movies incoming:)...

Just now, YourMother said:

Well. Coco is now sharing a PLF at my theater with JL. So JL may lose or have to share some PLFs at theater.

That isnt really surprising tbh. Smaller movies have to give their screens to bigger films all the time.

:hahaha:

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

If Game of Thrones and Stranger Things didn't have an impact on BO that can be verified, no way The Punisher does...do even Marvel fans care about it

Actually I thought GOT did have an impact this season, didn't it? I could swear some members kept bringing that up.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

A lot of theaters around me didn't even book Justice League on that many screens when they got a shit ton for BvS last year. That should've been a sign.

They just replaced it today. JL was supposed to keep it throughout the holidays and lost a shitton of showings compared to Thor. Might be a warning sign.

Just now, Arlborn said:

Actually I thought GOT did have an impact this season, didn't it? I could swear some members kept bringing that up.

GoT Season 7 was released in the death zone of End of July/August this year though. There was like nothing worth to watch in theaters except Dunkirk, Annabelle 2 and Girls Trip. 

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

I think both of those things definitely had temporary effects. The magnitude isn't possible to assess, but I'd think if you are a person who binges 13 episodes of Punisher in one weekend you may be someone who would watch JL but won't that weekend.  Impossible to really say, but seems intuitive to me.   To be clear I'm talking an impact of sub 5M and not suggesting it majorly dinged JL by itself

• Like 1