DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Everyone who's saying out is someone who doesn't know anything about Valerian, who's just creaming their underwear at the thought of anything Valerian related flopping. 

I don't think you should take their opinions seriously. Approach people who actually know something about the film. Box office theory is about the only forum where people seem to be overwhelmingly negative (and ignorant) about the film. They only care about their little enclave of anticipation, and that is all that matters. This is a forum that has Dunkirk as more anticipated than Valerian, yet I think we all know which is 100% without a doubt going to perform better at the box office. Hint: it isn't fucking Valerian.

I find it hilarious that there's anyone who seriously thinks this will do that much worse than Wonder Woman, let alone Spider-Man: Homecoming. Absurd. Fuck off please. The two films with the shittiest of shitty marketing and horrible reshoot problems, do better than Valerian? Don't make me laugh. 

Your constant emphasis on "kids" is stupid. The original marketing for the franchise was aimed at young teens to adults. The comic and film were written for adolescents and targeted adults the farther along they went, so that a large portion of the series, most of it, reads like normal, fairly dark adult sci-fi with a few YA sci-fi trappings. It's not the same as Nemo at all, but...funny comparison. 

Im IN. Fuck the BOT idiots and weird Valerian detractors that aren't and won't be even when it's grossed $900 mil + WW. 

Its been almost 50 years since Valerian has been around, in the meantime, becoming the most read collection of comics after the bible and becoming the second most expensive entertainment brand ever, yet people still act like its some Transformers-esque warm up act. It's just so fucking patronization of the class A talent that's involved in the production of the books and films and everything else, not to mention, a completely ignorant and arrogant way to treat one of the biggest fan bases you'll find.

Spoiler

original post:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

If only your average consumer would have better taste / interests...

If your Marvels, Fast and Furioses, Jurrassic Worlds, your next CGI cartoons etc (yes, it also includes Transformers), if all that would go away, i wouldn't miss any...

And replace it with what?

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

I think he IS a great Superman.

He was in the second half of JL. Not so much for the other Snyder films. A self piting, mopey depressed Superman is just wrong,wrong,wrong.

Inner conflicts, sure...a character withouthem is pretty much boring....but making Supes into another Batman was the single biggest mistake Snyder made.

I hasten to add this was not Cavill's fault,he was just doing what the writers gave him and the director told him to do.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Sorry man but to me, the flaws with MOS's script are very apparent. But I do like Cavill, indeed. Hey, the whole cast of MOS was well chosen and they all did a decent job at the very least.

Antje Traue stole the show, though. Holy crap, Faora was an amazing villain. Zod was good too, but she stood out more.

Christopher Meloni and Faora had the best chemistry of anyone in any superhero film

ever. Hope they come back in a future movie 

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

My god, I don't even care if it's fake stanning. Please.

I thought he had found the auto generating ranting letter thing you used to emulate some user's posts.

1 hour ago, cookie said:

In fairness to Snyder I don't think any director could've really saved the character with Goyer and Nolan's script for MoS. That thing was broken even before Snyder touched it.

Get the fuck outta here with that. "Nolan's script" lol

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Valerian is better than some superhero movies this year. Like Homecoming and JL.

93% professional movie lovers (critics) recommend Homecoming...

What percetage recommend Valerian?

Cause I can't think of a better measure of entertainment value than a consensus of professional movie lovers (critics).

Maybe box office but Valerian gets trounced there also.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Something about them being not meant for the public.

PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK TO THAT JUSTIFICATION

I LEGIT HAVE A FILE I'VE BEEN RUNNING SINCE JOHN WICK 1 THAT UTILIZED THOSE LISTS AND WHAT, NOW DOES MY FANTASY MOVIE THEATER CLOSE??