DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It's true, i would take Hobbit over any film i have listed. Superman and Batman done well, why not. But please, don't overdo it with all these B and C tier characters. As for video game movies, only if they are good, which they haven't been. So far.

I'm not seeing a vast improvement over movies like Logan, Deadpool, GOTG2 and Thor Ragnarok.

13 minutes ago, Blankments said:

or like

I would've probably attached tomb raider to justice league. Not Ready Player One. THE ACCURACY IS GONE.

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I...predicted those two would be attached and I was right :ph34r:

Also @WrathOfHan got Tomb Raider at JL according to his crowd report so you're not completely off.

Yeah, from what I gather WB gave theaters a 2/3 choice between RPO, TR, and Rampage. I also got Jumanji at my showing, so my theater probably didn't want confusion with Rampage :lol: 

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

i think i'll give up on traielr counting

the film industry has failed me

:( 

The trailer stalkers? No! Keep them coming! :sadno: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Fascinated to see how JL holds up over thanksgiving.  Will it hold up like Beasts did last year? Or are we looking at a total collapse? I suspect the latter, with the holiday barely cushioning the implosion. But who knows. 

I know lots of you on here liked it well enough. I wish I did

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think Freddy Got Fingered is better than The Godfather.

Another completely pointless opinion.

If you're going to claim superheroes are ruining the industry back it with stats or data.

Not just "I like this better".

There are people who enjoy a person literally taking a steaming dump on their chest.

But it all comes down to "i like this better".

Everybody telling me vanilla is better means shit to me if i prefer chocolate.

If you like what often times passes as good entertainemnt these days, good for you.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I saw all 3, but as a Huge admirer of Tolkien, I found it to be vastly inferior to Jackson's LOTR. The reason The novel is just too short to justify a Nine hour running time,and to fill it out Jackson had to put in a lot of stuff he made up that has little relatation to what is in the book,and it is vastly inferior to the things takng directly from the novel. Jackson went "Hollywood" on it.

It is telling that the two best scenes in the movie...the Riddle game with Gollum and Bllbo's meeting Smaug all taken word for word from the Tolkien novel.

The Hobbit would have made a fun Three to Four hour movie;but nine hours was just too damn bloated.

We were talking about this the other night when we had our mini-BOT LA meet up. Three movies could've/would've worked well had they been breezy, 2-hour deals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cavill is not going anywhere.Especially,after Superman's reception in JL.He is a fan favorite now.Cavill leaving,let alone being "thrown away",could potentially destroy any chance this universe has left.Him and Gadot in particular are probably the safest in terms of who gets to stay in case of a reboot.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Blankments said:

This letter may be a bit overwhelming for those people who are still soundly asleep in a world of make-believe and television and who don't want to hear how Digital Cinema By Deluxe's promise to change its ways has long since been proven insincere. It is worth noting at the outset that it is time to hold Digital Cinema By Deluxe responsible for the hatred it so furtively expresses. That's clear. But I have no set opinion as to whether or not Digital Cinema By Deluxe uses a litany of euphemisms, buzz words, and doublespeak to help it increase subservience to its monolithic engine of presenteeism. I do, however, honestly profess that Digital Cinema By Deluxe once wrote a document whose sole purpose was to argue that the entire concept of happiness is a lie designed by unseen overlords of endless deceptive power. This document was an endless sequence of intentional distortions, cynical manipulations of language, and outright lies. It served no purpose other to get people thinking about how the cast-off ideas of debunked philosophy on which Digital Cinema By Deluxe has based most of its ribald Ponzi schemes do tell us one thing. They tell us that Digital Cinema By Deluxe has been peddling all sorts of half-baked and discredited theories. For example, it insists that it's inappropriate to teach children right from wrong. As if that weren't bad enough, no man who values himself, who has any regard for sound morality, or who feels any desire to see intellectual progress made certain, can rightfully join Digital Cinema By Deluxe's treasonous attempt to jawbone aimlessly.

To simplify, Digital Cinema By Deluxe's disciples are merely ciphers. Digital Cinema By Deluxe is the one who decides whether or not to impact public policy for years to come. Digital Cinema By Deluxe is the one who gives out the orders to violate all the rules of decorum. And Digital Cinema By Deluxe is the one trying to conceal how it isn't interested in debates or open forums. It just wants to shut up dissenters. That's why if Digital Cinema By Deluxe can't stand the heat, it should get out of the kitchen. Digital Cinema By Deluxe's idolators portray themselves as fervent believers in freedom of speech and expression but are loath to reveal that Digital Cinema By Deluxe deceptively claims that it's listening to our suggestions. The reality, however, is that it's thumbing the scales towards its own annoying tractates even though it knows that I decidedly hope that if we all examine its worldview from the perspective of its axiology (values) and epistemology (ways of knowing), this will bring us together in a national dialogue of learning instead of reducing us to recriminations and accusations. At a minimum, I expect it to help a large number of people see that Digital Cinema By Deluxe has been trying to convince us that it is God's representative on Earth. That argument fails to take into account the reality that Digital Cinema By Deluxe's doctrines would be less wanton if they were less negligent. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame Digital Cinema By Deluxe.

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. Of course, people like Digital Cinema By Deluxe who do in fact perpetrate evil relabel millions of people as “hotheaded”. It may be unfashionable to say so and it may surprise a few of you out there, but those who have most injured and oppressed humanity, that have most deeply sinned against it, are, according to Digital Cinema By Deluxe's standards and conscience, good people. Apparently, bad people are those who have noticed that Digital Cinema By Deluxe's older imprecations were rash enough. Its latest ones are sincerely beyond the pale. Digital Cinema By Deluxe has a diseased mind and a soul so black that it would obscure even the darkness of Hell. Now that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter so let me corroborate it by saying that Digital Cinema By Deluxe is convinced that people everywhere have a deeply held love of clericalism. I contend that if it held a rally in support of clericalism, no more than two people would show up—one if you exclude the local street vendor who just happens to be peddling his wares in the vicinity. The reason, obviously, is that Digital Cinema By Deluxe keeps trying to ruin people's lives. And if we don't remain eternally vigilant, it will definitely succeed. No one that I speak with or correspond with is happy about this situation. Of course, I don't speak or correspond with treacherous sectarians, Digital Cinema By Deluxe's compadres, or anyone else who fails to realize that Digital Cinema By Deluxe ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: As a time-honored expression maintains, “Digital Cinema By Deluxe's promises are as worthless as a degree from Digital Cinema By Deluxe University”.

Fact: There is a genuine coldness, a chill, that pervades the land, as people are scared to death by Digital Cinema By Deluxe's swinish, cynical slurs.

Fact: Digital Cinema By Deluxe can out-reason iscariotic clinchpoops but not anyone else.

In addition, the biggest supporters of Digital Cinema By Deluxe's tendentious convictions are mealymouthed knuckle-draggers and dyed-in-the-wool, contemptuous malingerers. A secondary class of ardent supporters consists of ladies of elastic virtue and cosmopolitan tendencies to whom such things afford a decent excuse for displaying their fascinations at their open windows.

I intend to look closely at Digital Cinema By Deluxe's casus belli to see what makes them so effectual at identifying political and religious groups that are Digital Cinema By Deluxe's political enemies and re-labeling them as “condescending pinheads” in order to justify operations against them. I should expect to find—this is a guess that I currently lack sufficient knowledge to verify—that responsibility is an alien concept to Digital Cinema By Deluxe. Still, this is all light opera amid the shrill insanity of its heinous wisecracks. No value, no belief, and no personal need or desire can be placed higher than the aspiration to appeal for comity between us and Digital Cinema By Deluxe. That's the current situation, and if you have any doubt about the reality of it, then you haven't been paying close enough attention to what's been happening in the world. If Digital Cinema By Deluxe's put-downs were intended as a joke, Digital Cinema By Deluxe forgot to include the punchline.

I sometimes see well-meaning people swallow Digital Cinema By Deluxe's lie that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. To my mind, shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. That's why I wish that all decent people realized that Digital Cinema By Deluxe's commentaries are entirely meaningless. That is, they usually begin by saying something about how this is Digital Cinema By Deluxe's world and we're all just living in it, and then they continue on with a random assortment of tacked-on phrases until they finally slam into a period. Digital Cinema By Deluxe's commentaries would be a lot clearer if Digital Cinema By Deluxe simply came out and said that it once tried to vend a deluded mixture of authoritarianism and superstition to a new generation of hoggish, besotted fustilarians. If you consider this an exception to the rule then you unmistakably don't understand how Digital Cinema By Deluxe operates. I hope, however, that you at least understand that we need to change its declamations for the same reason that one needs to change a baby's diapers. As an interesting experiment, try to point this out to Digital Cinema By Deluxe. (You might want to don safety equipment first.) I think you'll find that if the past is any indication of the future, it will once again attempt to interfere with a person's work performance, bodily security, physical movement, and privacy rights.

Let's not mince words: Digital Cinema By Deluxe recently got caught red-handed trying to utilize unfathomable brutality against its critics. Well, surprise, surprise, surprise, as Gomer Pyle would say. No one of any intelligence believes that governments should have the right to lie to their own subjects or to other governments. I won't dwell on that except to direct your attention to the gloomy manner in which it has been trying to ignore compromise and focus solely on its personal agenda. You might say, “Digital Cinema By Deluxe's traveling carnival of credentialism will muzzle Digital Cinema By Deluxe's adversaries by next weekend.” Fine, I agree. But Digital Cinema By Deluxe spouts a lot of numbers whenever it wants to make a point. It then subjectively interprets those numbers to support its philippics while ignoring the fact that it and its conveniently bribed allies have been reaping a harvest of death. As bad as that is, it represents only the thin end of the wedge. Sooner than you think, Digital Cinema By Deluxe will likely take control of a nation and suck it dry.

Although I must blow my whistle on Digital Cinema By Deluxe's tactics of deception and distortion, I've run into some distressing examples of confirmation bias among Digital Cinema By Deluxe's sycophants. For instance, they proclaim that the cure for evil is more evil. Interestingly, though, they fail to notice that Digital Cinema By Deluxe accuses me of being impolite in my responses to its doctrinaire, corrupt fusillades. Let's see: It disgorges its disparaging and arrogant comments on a topic of which it is wholly ignorant, and it expects a polite reply? What is it, acrasial?

While Digital Cinema By Deluxe might be able to convince the canaille that its mottos are a breath of fresh air amid our modern culture's toxic cloud of chaos, I hope the readers of this letter can tell that I, speaking as someone who is not a blasphemous grizzler, frequently wish to tell Digital Cinema By Deluxe that its coterie is a snake pit populated by callous, wishy-washy litterbugs, volage-brained, uneducated nymphomaniacs, and diversivolent pipsqueaks. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue. The more I think about the worst types of raucous euphuists there are, the more troubled I become by Digital Cinema By Deluxe's views. Although this letter provides irrefutable proof that Digital Cinema By Deluxe teaches its vassals to despise their own country, I know that it will still accuse me of lying. I suppose that's okay as long as I can convince you, the reader, that there's one peremptory, lamebrained loafer I know (more on him later) who thinks that we should abandon the institutionalized and revered concept of democracy. Of course, that's not as bad as the possession-obsessed slummock I ran into yesterday (more on him later as well) who was totally unable to comprehend that Digital Cinema By Deluxe's plan is to champion censorship in the name of free speech, intolerance in the name of tolerance, and oppression in the name of freedom. However, unlike the Nazis, Digital Cinema By Deluxe doesn't conceal its malevolent goals. Perhaps it's confident that no one will notice that the vast majority of Digital Cinema By Deluxe's worshippers have no interest in carrying out this matter to the full extent of the law. They would rather stroke their fragile egos, regurgitate meaningless tripe, and sycophantically prostrate themselves before the idiotic dribble that underlies Digital Cinema By Deluxe's ruthless, froward writings.

Digital Cinema By Deluxe attributes the most distorted, bizarre, and ludicrous “meanings” to ordinary personality characteristics. For example, if you're shy, it calls you “fearful and withdrawn”. If, instead, you're the outgoing and active type, Digital Cinema By Deluxe says you're “acting out due to trauma”. Why does it say such things? Perhaps the answer is best saved for another letter. Let me simply note that Digital Cinema By Deluxe claims that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. That claim is preposterous and, to use Digital Cinema By Deluxe's own language, overtly fiendish. No history can justify it.

Looking at it on the bright side, to believe that the government's policies should be at odds with the will of the people is to deceive ourselves. Before explaining why sniffish, coldhearted worrywarts cause insurmountable trouble for us, I must first spread awareness of the insincere nature of Digital Cinema By Deluxe's initiatives. Each year, Digital Cinema By Deluxe produces dozens of tracts extolling the virtues of antipluralism, presentism, and priggism while delivering an endless stream of literary assaults on capitalism, democracy, and Western civilization generally. Digital Cinema By Deluxe and its pro-censorship, backwards satellites must cachinnate about this in private, knowing that if it weren't for bloodthirsty yo-yos, Digital Cinema By Deluxe would have no friends. It may be obvious but should nonetheless be acknowledged that I have some advice for Digital Cinema By Deluxe. It should keep its mouth shut until it stops being such a sniveling, overweening vermin and starts being at least one of informative, agreeable, creative, or entertaining. Circumstantial evidence is always probative to show intent. The circumstantial evidence in Digital Cinema By Deluxe's case is that Digital Cinema By Deluxe demands that we make a choice. Either we let it reopen wounds that seem scarcely healed or it'll set up dissident groups and individuals for conspiracy charges and then carry out searches and seizures on flimsy pretexts. This “choice” exemplifies what is commonly known as a “false dichotomy” or “the fallacy of the excluded middle” because it denies other alternatives, such as that Digital Cinema By Deluxe asserts that because all any child needs is a big dose of television every day, we should all give up on establishing a “truth commission” whose charter is to investigate some of its more bossy ploys. The logic in that sequence escapes me. Perhaps Digital Cinema By Deluxe is in fact confirming that its detachment from, or denial of, the truth is not just a political tactic or say-anything-to-please character flaw. It reveals an elemental attitude that Digital Cinema By Deluxe shares with homophobic buffoons: spheterizing other organizations' belongings. To end on a more positive note: At the end of this journey, I want to be able to say that I tried my best to provide people the wherewithal to strengthen our roots so we can weather the storms that threaten our foundation.

Copy-cat. :P 

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Examples from 2017?

Colossal, Detroit, Baby Driver, A Cure for Wellness, A Ghost Story, Get Out, Dunkirk, It Comes at Night, Spielberg, Florida Project, Split, Okja, and Good Time are all the original movies (not based on preexisting material) in my top 25.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Less impressive when you consider the Holiday weekend.

Remember BVS had nothing going against it the weekend after and still fell 69%.

If JL can fall in the middle of MJ2 And FB and earn a 45%drop Then it’s 10day total will

alreay get it close or right at a 2x.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I know they're not popular around here (especially after the awful debacle involving Signore), but Honest Trailers' "What are you gonna do? Watch DC???" at the end of the GOTG Honest Trailer (followed by that Superman scream) is all the more current after the JL box office fiasco, tbh. [Which is both funny and pretty depressing at the same time.]

Thank you for reminding me I need to watch that GotG1 honest trailer again. That was funny. And the snark they throw at DCEU in that and the avengers honest trailer is hilarious.