Dementeleus

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

6 hours ago, meridan said:

Is it crazy to think that this movie will have an OW below $10M? I'm thinking $6-7M. 

It will open with 5M just like every other movie.

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Irony with all fuss over Gadot is:

Hide contents

If she plays who I think she plays, she won't be on the screen very long....

You are correct.

Edited by CJohn

NOBODY knows who Armie Hammer, and therefore NOBODY gives a shit. Its like the people who were all "OMG Angel Eagle hooked up with a 17 year old and now he is Speilberg musical!". Nobody knows who/cares who they are or about what they do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

NOBODY knows who Armie Hammer, and therefore NOBODY gives a shit. Its like the people who were all "OMG Angel Eagle hooked up with a 17 year old and now he is Speilberg musical!". Nobody knows who/cares who they are or about what they do.

I have never heard someone utter the name “Arnie Hammer” out loud in my life.

• Like 1

So, a month ago, I put down Scream for $25M+ no matter how good it was...

I'm gonna put this movie down for breaking the adult streak and going $20M+...no matter how good it is...why?  My spouse said he thought we should go for a date night, and he doesn't want to go to any movies unprompted.  We didn't even see Murder on the Orient Express in theaters...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, meridan said:

Huh? They aren't even hiding the character she is playing. 

I know, but the mods here are paranoid about spoilers. 

At times I think in a disucssion of "Citizen Kane", someone mentions that Rosebud is the  sled, they would send the guy a warning...

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm gonna put this movie down for breaking the adult streak and going $20M+...no matter how good it is...why?  My spouse said he thought we should go for a date night, and he doesn't want to go to any movies unprompted.  We didn't even see Murder on the Orient Express in theaters...

I think this movie is more interesting than Murder on the Orient Express. I have always thought this book/ older movie were more captivating.  I hope your prediction comes true. We need adult movies breaking out

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

The studio does, for any movie that has uncertain box office potential the studio will at times have to work a little harder than normal to make that movie's image as clean and positive as possible. Trust this: no one wants their movie to have any negative press whatsoever if they can help it, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

Edited by clockwork

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

what is ths post? armie was in a cult gay film that everyone under 35 knows (CMBYN) and ansel was the lead of a huge teen movie (The Fault in Our Stars), they were completely known amongst young people. are you a bored boomer?

Edited by Cruel Summer

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

what is ths post? armie was in a cult gay film that everyone under 35 knows (CMBYN) and ansel was the lead of a huge teen movie (The Fault in Our Stars), they were completely known amongst young people. are you a bored boomer?

Nobody knows who Hammer is over the top, but is not exacly a big star like his fanboys think.

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Wtf? Your average, every day movie goer certainly does not know who Armie Hammer is. "Cult gay film" aka a film very few people actually saw and even less people remember. The Fault in our Stars is almost 8 years old, very few people saw that one too, and that's it. Eagle is easily more known as the emo kid from Baby Driver than anything else. 

Even among the people who knew about it, which again is a tiny number, NOBODY outside of twitter cares/cared that Eagle had sex with a 17 year old fan because...99% of people would do the same thing in his position. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Nobody knows who Hammer is over the top, but is not exacly a big star like his fanboys think.

Eh, no, basically nobody knows who he is. For real. Outside of some internet film buffs, nobody knows who he is.

7 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, a month ago, I put down Scream for $25M+ no matter how good it was...

$20M+ OW?? That would certainly be shocking. Maybe it would help if a certain star of the movie with over 70 million Instagram followers would actually advertise the movie she is in. Starting to wonder if Gal is even going to press interviews for this film. 

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

The Fault in our Stars is almost 8 years old, very few people saw that one too, and that's it.

You must have it confused with another movie.

Domestic Box Office $124,872,350 Details
International Box Office $182,294,484 Details
Worldwide Box Office $307,166,834

The Fault in Our Stars (2014) - Financial Information (the-numbers.com)

Edited by filmlover