That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

6 minutes ago, druv10 said:

With it breaking out in China, I fully expect similar breakout in Japan family is very important there as well. If everything goes well, I could see it approaching 1B WW.:ohmygod:

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves. What about Europe?

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Lots of Catholics, should so extremely well. 

I also meant will smash Moana worldwide. OS is poised to be much bigger. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, druv10 said:

With it breaking out in China, I fully expect similar breakout in Japan family is very important there as well. If everything goes well, I could see it approaching 1B WW.:ohmygod:

At least we can put Coco ww > Justice League on the table now;)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Europe should have solid performance especially with Christmas and NY holiday coming. It's all predicated on great WOM in all markets. 

19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Finally!  I don't even care of it screws by Winter Game projections. :lol:

Is it China reacting well to the family and ancestors angle?

Yes,  we have Tomb-Sweeping Day which is like the Chinese-Style Día de Muertos, we can easily have resonance with Coco's theme.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Can someone please explain Shitty Frozen Shorts to me? Why are they attached with some movies (Cinderella, Coco)? Does Disney think people go to see movies for that shit and not for the movie itself? What's the point? :kitschjob:

They think it adds something.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Can someone please explain Shitty Frozen Shorts to me? Why are they attached with some movies (Cinderella, Coco)? Does Disney think people go to see movies for that shit and not for the movie itself? What's the point? :kitschjob:

Frozen is Disney’s biggest cash cow since The Lion King. Attaching a Frozen short to movies will boost its awareness, according to their market research.

• Like 3