aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

57 minutes ago, YourMother said:

JL has a reported $300M budget and is heading for $700M at most, Coco is heading for at least $700M, maybe even $900M on a $175M-$225M budget.

Exactly, I feel like deserves to be reiterated again and again and again, because it's so under-appreciated...

Coco has got 700M WW on lock, I would go as far as 800M pretty much locked. Not an under performer by any means.

Also, this weekend it's bound to drop less than Moana domestically.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I'm gonna be so happy when Star Wars comes out in two weeks, not just because I'm dying of excitement for it, but also just so the bickering over Justice League will finally come to an end.

I’d love for that to happen also but you know it won’t lol

The JL bickering is just 1 or 2 people in denial. Everyone else has moved on to anticipating TLJ and/or seeing how the new platform releases do. Personally, I think Shape of Water could be doing a lot better but at least here in NY it just didn't seem that buzzy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

The JL bickering is just 1 or 2 people in denial. Everyone else has moved on to anticipating TLJ and/or seeing how the new platform releases do. Personally, I think Shape of Water could be doing a lot better but at least here in NY it just didn't seem that buzzy. 

It's opening in CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, MA, and TX next week according to Fox Searchlight's website so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think Coco should make it to 750 ww at least

55 Mexico + 220 Dom + 150 China + 50 Japan + 275 Rest of OS = 750 ww, compared to

12.8 Mexico + 248.7 D + 32.8 Ch + 45.9 Japan + 303.1 Rest of OS =  643.3 ww of MOANA

Edited by a2knet

Saw Three Billboards, and thought it was great. It's a dark black comedy, but the performances are aces, and the movie unravels in a way I didn't expect it to. It's some good stuff. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's opening in CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, MA, and TX next week according to Fox Searchlight's website so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Yeah, I feel like it might do better elsewhere. I've seen this trailer many times with audiences here and they never seem to know what to make of it. 

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Not only was it annoying moviegoers, but it was probably doing damage to the Frozen brand 

Good. Frozen wasn’t that good in the first place.

Also in my way to see Coco

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

In 1 day Disaster Artist has out grossed 5x all of Franco's other directorial features combined.

I’m honestly curious if anyone here has seen even one of Franco’s non-Disaster Artist films.

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Just opened the thread and I have the sudden urge to buy a bunch of things. Dunno why!

I’m getting dating sites. It’s as if my phone knows I’m lonely.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Doesn't take much to go from cute to annoying. Everyone who has little kids/nieces/nephews knows that. I liked Olaf in Frozen but already hope he is not over-used in Fro2en.

Look at the Minions for one.

• Like 2