efialtes76

Weekend Thread | Coco 19M, JL 9.4M, Wonder 9.3M, TDA 6.4M, T:R 6.25M, DH2 5.7M, MOTOE 5M (Deadline estimates) | Bunch of Awardsy stuff making money too

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Guessing next year we’ll see Universal over Disney DOM.

With "january's TLJ" + Black Panther + A Wrinkle in Time + IW + Solo + The Incredibles 2 + Ant-Man 2 + Mary Poppins?

Only those 8 movies can take Disney 2018 dom to $2B+ if each made $250M, which we can assume all of them will do (and there are Wreck It Ralph 2, The Nutcracker and Christopher Robin live action in summer).

• Like 1

JL finally crossed Avengers OW in 23 days, unadjusted that is.

Marvel Studios had 3 movies do more than 300m dom and above 800m worldwide. The only other studio that has managed that apart from Disney was Universal in 2015. No other studio has managed that if I am not wrong. They have overtaken Paramount and Sony with just 3 movies

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Marvel Studios had 3 movies do more than 300m dom and above 800m worldwide. The only other studio that has managed that apart from Disney was Universal in 2015. No other studio has managed that if I am not wrong. They have overtaken Paramount and Sony with just 3 movies

What a great year for Marvel Studios.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

With "january's TLJ" + Black Panther + A Wrinkle in Time + IW + Solo + The Incredibles 2 + Ant-Man 2 + Mary Poppins?

Only those 8 movies can take Disney 2018 dom to $2B+ if each made $250M, which we can assume all of them will do (and there are Wreck It Ralph 2, The Nutcracker and Christopher Robin live action in summer).

I meant from Jaros.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming, still a Sony movie.:jeb!:

And Marvel isn't a studio but just a part of Disney/BV.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Thanks for the info but I already know both of those things. 

1) SMH was still produced by Marvel and is counted amongst MCU movies whether anyone likes it or not. Sure Sony funded the movie and will get the profit but I am not talking about profits I am only talking about production.

2) And Marvel Studio is a studio in that they produce their movies. Yes it is a subsidiary of Disney but it is no different than other smaller studios/labels that are subsidiary of other big production companies like WB/Universal. Call it a sub-studio or whatever it pleases you but doesn't change the fact.

• Like 10

Demo breakdowns: http://deadline.com/2017/12/box-office-coco-the-disaster-artist-guillermo-del-toro-shape-of-water-margot-robbie-i-tonya-1202223071/

Disaster Artist:

60/40 split in favor of males

66% of the audience was over 25 (this is pretty high for a Franco film)

81% of the audience enjoyed it with 66% giving it a definite recommendation

49% saw it because they know The Room

41% saw it because it's a comedy

35% saw it because of the cast

Just Getting Started:

56/44 split in favor of females, who gave it a C

77% of the audience was over 50, who gave it a C-

2% of the audience was under 25, who gave it a D- :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

I agree with both of these. Still, as a sub-studio, their blockbusters are more successful than a lot of full blown studios.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

But Disney Marvel is basically the average child while the perfect child LucasArts gives them all the money. 

Edited by Darth Suburious
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

I believe that'll be his next club as well. My real question is what studio he'll use for 2019. If Disney owns Fox by then, that'll be one less option for him.

WB/Universal/Sony/Paramount/A24/Vivid over Disney