efialtes76

Weekend Thread | Coco 19M, JL 9.4M, Wonder 9.3M, TDA 6.4M, T:R 6.25M, DH2 5.7M, MOTOE 5M (Deadline estimates) | Bunch of Awardsy stuff making money too

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tickets for Phantom Thread are on sale now. It's only opening in 4 theaters over Christmas, but 70MM runs in a few other cities begin January 12. I wonder how wide Focus plans on taking it then.

Probably about 600-800 theaters. It's opening at one of the local arthouse theaters (and will likely be opening at all the other prime locations around here on that same date) on January 19.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

The Disaster Artist will easily double Moonlight A24's current highest grossing release

could it maybe triple?

It depends on how frontloaded it is...I hope it survives Star Wars, with whom shares demos imo

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

Solid hold for Justice League. These are the perks of having such an underwhelming opening weekend.

True - legs are already to 2.26x...probably will get to 2.4x+ before it ends...likely helped by both Moviepass making this a "free watch" for rewatchers and those who felt burned but heard this wasn't as bad, and some of the really good ticket deals going around (I could have seen any movie this weekend for $3/ticket, but I just didn't have time:), and of course the lack of anything else opening that drew anyone...