efialtes76

Weekend Thread | Coco 19M, JL 9.4M, Wonder 9.3M, TDA 6.4M, T:R 6.25M, DH2 5.7M, MOTOE 5M (Deadline estimates) | Bunch of Awardsy stuff making money too

Coco is incredible; one of Pixar's most unique offerings. Glad that it's doing so well.

After seeing it without the Frozen short, I honestly think that's the biggest insult Disney could throw at their own work smh

• Like 4

So happy for Coco and Wonder! My feel good movies of the year

Good reviews + Awards buzz are so essential for the 'prestige' titles, without those, they will likely struggle just ask Breathe, Roman Israel, Wonder Wheel, Suburbicon among others

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

This has to be the most boring weekend thread of all time this year.Oh well next weekend should make up for it.

Actually, that honor should go to the last weekend of August. That one where The Hitman's Bodyguard was #1 with around 10M. That weekend was death. (Labor's Day weekend wasn't good either, but every holdover had a great hold and Tulip Fever's epic failure was hilarious.)

At least this weekend has the limited releases doing awesomely.

37 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

You guys obviously weren't around when Bangkok Dangerous was number 1 with like 7m

That was a brutal weekend 

That was my third (or fourth?) weekend on Mojo. The memories...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But movie theaters didn't exist in his youth (whenever that was).

231A-Image+The+Beginning.jpg

I think youre right. Actually, i dont think life existed on earth in the Precambrian period either.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1