CJohn

The Expendables 2 OS thread

I think were pretty nostalgic with our 80's heroes in Europe...I dont know why China loves it so much

Ahh I see. Reminds me of when past their prime music stars go on tour to Japan. They don't care if they haven't had a hit in years. They just love the music. Some stay there and perform for years.

The Expendables 2 already outgrossed the first here by 200k :D Insane that in our equivalent it is already over 180M!!!!(it will end under the first in ticket sales, tho :( but considering the state of the box office here... I have to assume we really love these guys)

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

The Expendables 2 already outgrossed the first here by 200k :D Insane that in our equivalent it is already over 180M!!!!(it will end under the first in ticket sales, tho :( but considering the state of the box office here... I have to assume we really love these guys)

A hollow victory.

More dollars but fewer tickets is concerning to me, and therefore, I can't see that as being anything other than a hollow victory, if it can be called a victory at all.

Are you serious? Would you call TDKR's gross a hollow victory in places that it sold less tickets? Money is money. Hollywood doesn't report tickets sold.

Are you serious? Would you call TDKR's gross a hollow victory in places that it sold less tickets? Money is money.

I think I would actually. And the funny thing about ticket sales is that if you sell more of them you make more money anyway.

Hollywood doesn't report tickets sold.

To its detriment IMO.

Well, call it what you want. Films today don't sell as many tickets as they did before and there are many reasons for that. Seeing TDKR pass films like Shrek 2 is very hollow as they sold much much less.

If it beat a film that grossed $171m in 1975, then it would be a hollow victory, but TE1 was released only 2 years ago, so it has made more coin in an almost identical time (with similar economic constraints and pressures), and that is a feat. Well done to TE2. Nothing hollow about it at all.It's actually selling more tickets than TE1 in many markets. When it's done, overall it will also have more tickets sold (minus only the USA and UK), of which the other markets will more than make up for.

• Like 2

the Expendables has done very well and there is room to grow but I don't still has a limited amount of interest in it. It's going to gross about 225-240 mill not something like 400. so maybe the third could hit 300 Overseas .but that's kind of pushing it.