CJohn

The Expendables 2 OS thread

So 300 is locked. If it does ok in Japan it could make it to about 325. It's done in nA, so maybe another 2 mill.Hopefully in has about another 5 mill in ChinaJapan I'm hoping for 10. 325 is possible.

• Like 1

Wow it looks like it'll do 3x EX1. Guess this movie is built more for international markets.

It's strange because it's doing well in markets that you wouldn't expect and not so well in others, like UK, SK and Australia.But it's making a killing in Brazil and Mexico and China. Strange.

It's strange because it's doing well in markets that you wouldn't expect and not so well in others, like UK, SK and Australia.But it's making a killing in Brazil and Mexico and China. Strange.

they could invite Sean Connery and Paul Hogan for Expendables 4 (the more the merrier)

I am totally amazed at the performance in Brazil. 4th week and still raking in 1m plus.

3 2 The Expendables 2 n/a $1,044,553 -37.5% 415 -79 $2,517 $14,230,318 4

In fact it's doing really well in all of South America. In Bolivia, it's been in the top 5 for 5 weeks and last week it increased its weekend gross over the previous weekend. In Peru, it's been in the top 4 for 5 weeks, spending 3 weeks at #1. This bodes well for Colombia opening on Sep 28 and other openings that might happen (but as yet are not indicated) like Chile and Ecuador.

The only one that hasn't played tremendously well is Argentina; normal drops, normal gross, but not dire.

• Like 2

That's a harsh theater drop for TE2 in the USA. I was hoping it would make $85m, but now all I can hope for is that it will beat Wrath of the Titans, which I am sure it can do.

It seems it's being taken out of cinemas everywhere, with only a few markets still postings significant numbers (Brazil, Germany, France) and only three more markets left to open, and good news; a release for Chile has been arranged. :D

Colombia Sep 28

Chile Oct 11

Japan Oct 20

Here's hoping that Ecuador, Venezuela, South Africa, Egypt, Israel and Uruguay all follow suit.

I hope that TE2 has enough to pass Wrath of the Titans domestically. I'd love it to pass it worldwide too, which I am sure it can do with Japan. I also think it could pass Cliffhanger domestically, but it'll only pass one more of Stallone's films (being Cliffhanger) because the next one is over $15m away.