grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

Just now, ReyReyBattery said:

Moderation:

Take the discussion about the movies script and what-not to the spoiler thread, please. Some of you are verging pretty close to spoiling the film.

yeah guys i don't want it spoiled for me which one is wilson and helms' dad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

it can be pretty difficult to get most millennials to watch a film made before 1980.

One of my friends liked the Prequels ("because they have cool lightsaber battles") and - no joke - nearly fell asleep when we watched ANH, the first time that was for him. When the Vader vs Obi-Wan scene came he said: "Fucking Lame! They should do flips!" and after that he didnt want to watch any more of it.

I have one friend less now, i guess, but thats not the point: The Point is, youre right :lol:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

I find that very interesting. It may be because im younger, but while im neutral on Finn and Poe, i adore Rey to the point of having a crush. While i like the OT characters all fine (except for Yoda, Yoda fucking rules), they were not that special to me. I guess its because SW wasnt a franchise of my younger childhood, that were Harry Potter and LOTR.

I’m from the “in between” generation, born 1985. Too old to grow up on the prequels, too young to see the original movies in theaters. But I remember loving the original movies when they would come on TV during my childhood. To this day I still think A New Hope has the best third act of all-time for a blockbuster type movie. Every time I watch that movie, the last hour is pure joy. 

And the simple truth is the original trilogy had an awesome sense of sarcastic humor, especially between Leia and Han. Carrie and Harrison were damn good with all the cheap shots back and forth. 

Darth Vader is the greatest movie villain ever and they will never top it. The Empire twist with Vader and Luke can never be topped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok I know how to save Star Wars, we retcon the sequel trilogy (important), then stop with any spins offs as they ruin the star wars economy (look at cape films).

We gotta then make a new sequel, it's what The Force Awakens should have had and it has Luke central to the plot from the start. The universe or galaxy or whatever has been somewhat peaceful since Luke saved the day in ROTJ. Sith are back and they made a scheme to get back into power, they're back and with a vengeance. The plot revolves around Luke and two disciples of his, they're best friends or brother/sister,brother/brother etc. 

That's it all you need to do, no problem star wars.

I was born in 87’ and old movies have always been a big part of my life so I had no problem watching the OT. I watched Gone with the Wind when I was 9 and have rewatched that film more than any other. That said, most of my friends have seen maybe one or two films pre-1980 and one of them is usually The Sound of Music.

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

OK TLJ is still a major success at the box office but if the more important toy sales suffer, Disney will fire everyone involved.

:sparta:

Allowing toy sales and happy meals to determine where a movie franchise will go. What could possibly go wrong?

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Ok I know how to save Star Wars, we retcon the sequel trilogy (important), then stop with any spins offs as they ruin the star wars economy (look at cape films).

We gotta then make a new sequel, it's what The Force Awakens should have had and it has Luke central to the plot from the start. The universe or galaxy or whatever has been somewhat peaceful since Luke saved the day in ROTJ. Sith are back and they made a scheme to get back into power, they're back and with a vengeance. The plot revolves around Luke and two disciples of his, they're best friends or brother/sister,brother/brother etc. 

This is nonsense. The whole point of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader was that he destroyed the Sith in the end. Bringing the Sith back is bullshit on another level. That is why the bad guys in the ST arent Sith.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Damn, now that I think about, TLJ is the first Episode that doesn't have much I can see appealing to kids. For a movie that didn't cater to the diehard fanbase, it's sure not really catering to a new generation either. 

This is probably the kind of post that the moderators have been complaining about.  Great thought for the spoiler thread. 

Just now, Brainbug said:

This is nonsense. The whole point of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader was that he destroyed the Sith in the end. Bringing the Sith back is bullshit on another level. That is why the bad guys in the ST arent Sith.

alright, we change sith to badguys, now it's a BrainJimbo production, star wars can thank us later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

There is a reason why fanboys aren't in charge.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LinksterAC said:

This is probably the kind of post that the moderators have been complaining about.  Great thought for the spoiler thread. 

Sorry. I assume anyone who is the type to post on an internet forum already knows that the film has divided the fanbase, so I don't see how that's a spoiler. 

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

One could say The First Order’s existence in the first place is already shitting on the events of the original trilogy. I tend to think they should have done something 100% different with Force Awakens. Brand new characters, brand new galaxy, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1