Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Dec 26): TLJ 27.7, Jumanji: 17.1, PP3 7.4, TGS 5.1 (actuals/estimates)

5 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

That's my  point, it's doing what it was expected to do a lot of predictions had it at 630-720mill.

A lot of predictions at 630? Last weekend when I pointed out that a multiplier drop similar to TDKR vs TDK would mean a gross under 690, nobody wanted to hear it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

670 seems generous. Needs to outgross Rogue One by almost 29% the rest of the way. 

Yeah hopefully with sub 650 million, it gets Rian Johnson away from SW but that is just personal selfish reasons.

I was thinking it does better in late legs because of an extra week of quasi-holidays. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

A lot of predictions at 630? Last weekend when I pointed out that a multiplier drop similar to TDKR vs TDK would mean a gross under 690, nobody wanted to hear it. 

I predicted 650                 

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah hopefully with sub 650 million, it gets Rian Johnson away from SW but that is just personal selfish reasons.

I was thinking it does better in late legs because of an extra week of quasi-holidays. 

I bet that Disney is doubling down on the Rianverse.

9 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Hahaha again are you joking?! This is a box office forum, math is kind of assumed here. It will easily reach $600M!

It cracks me up when "math" is invoked around here, as if there's some kind of abstract necessity that because a film earned X dollars this past week it must earn Y dollars this week.

Fact is, no matter how many times various patterns have held in the past, there's no logical or mathematical necessity that even one person sees a given this week even if it grossed $220m last week.