grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

This is why many posters here can't stand Empire.  He's a brash arrogant cocky nuisance who only sees what he chooses to, even if the evidence is all around him.

You still haven't provided any data, but you never were going to because you know you don't have it.

Here is some data, you gave The Last Jedi 8/10 on second viewing and wrote a long post gushing about it.  Can't make that up.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

LOL, it's the truth.  He doesn't contribute anything else to this place except the occasional early numbers.  The rest of the time he just insults people if they don't agree with him.  Empire is a big boy, he can take some criticism.  

Aww..... this is cute.  Not true, but cute.  

• Like 1

Well... hopefully people are having an otherwise good Saturday. I have felt like crap all day and taken some off and on naps. Stupid cold I think. Now I want to get up and try to do something fun... got a lot of new video games :D I played Splatoon 2 yesterday and it was goofy fun. 

I also came up with a script idea that’s so un-Jonathan-like but I love it... it’s a human interest drama, no shit. Like full on indie film style not high concept. But it’s a good idea I think and I’m gonna hash it out and see what happens. Lol

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

After you're done making out with Empire :rofl: 

tmp_zIhAEN_109e62181108ce1d_kylo.gif

Life will imitate art. Rey-Lo shipping turns to Baumer City shipping.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Just now, K1stpierre said:

I would never do that with someone who screamed at me for months it was virtually impossible for Rogue One to open north of $125m even though I told him it would open to $150m+ and then he had to eat a big ol' plate of crow.  

All I do is read numbers off a sheet though.... Lol. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

You still haven't provided any data, but you never were going to because you know you don't have it.

Here is some data, you gave The Last Jedi 8/10 on second viewing and wrote a long post gushing about it.  Can't make that up.  

And I didn't deny that I did give it an 8/10 the second time.  I picked up a few things that I missed the first time.  Then when I saw it the third time, a lot of the things that bothered me the first time were still there.  I wish I did like this film, Star Wars is my favourite series of films, or at least top three.  This is the first SW film I didn't like.  And that bothers me.  I never thought I would not like a SW film.  

As for the data, I'm not sure what more you need to see.  All you have to do is look at the daily numbers, the weak increases, the ostensibly weak multiplier and then you can go to the on line sites that allow people to talk about it.  I'm not sure what more you want me to give you.  If none of this convinces you, and obviously it doesn't, then nothing will and I can't help a blind man see.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

I might be willing to do that if it means.....well, you know.  :)

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

And I didn't deny that I did give it an 8/10 the second time.  I picked up a few things that I missed the first time.  Then when I saw it the third time, a lot of the things that bothered me the first time were still there.  I wish I did like this film, Star Wars is my favourite series of films, or at least top three.  This is the first SW film I didn't like.  And that bothers me.  I never thought I would not like a SW film.  

As for the data, I'm not sure what more you need to see.  All you have to do is look at the daily numbers, the weak increases, the ostensibly weak multiplier and then you can go to the on line sites that allow people to talk about it.  I'm not sure what more you want me to give you.  If none of this convinces you, and obviously it doesn't, then nothing will and I can't help a blind man see.  

Rated the film 8/10.

Doesn't like it and creates hash tags.  Lol.  

Good for you man.  Good for you.  I thought only politicians were capable of that sort of flip flopping and delusion.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I would never do that with someone who screamed at me for months it was virtually impossible for Rogue One to open north of $125m even though I told him it would open to $150m+ and then he had to eat a big ol' plate of crow.  

All I do is read numbers off a sheet though.... Lol. 

I thought the Rogue One under 450 thread was pretty civil.  There was some good conversation in that thread from both sides.  You even said so yourself.  Why are you only now bringing up that thread?  

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Rated the film 8/10.

Doesn't like it and creates hash tags.  Lol.  

Good for you man.  Good for you.  I thought only politicians were capable of that sort of flip flopping and delusion.  

I mean it makes sense if someone really wants to like something they will overlook somethings they may notice later. But beyond that outside of the opening weekend the numbers for TLJ have not been that good

I’ve heard it all too many times to ever take seriously to be honest. TPM had great word of mouth, box office proved it, so did the polls. AOTC same. ROTS same. TFA same. Rogue One same. Maybe TLJ is the first Star Wars movie ever where it isn’t just a vocal group of haters - but I fucking doubt it. Because every last time it has been a load of bullshit that there was mixed word of mouth. It has always been overwhelmingly positive in any objective measurement and there has always been a huge group of even millions of people who were disappointed by every single SW film but that huge group has always been 10% of the audience at most. If you believe mixed word of mouth fine but until you show us data for it, no, I don’t have to change my mind. I’ll be blind with Empire.

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

I thought the Rogue One under 450 thread was pretty civil.  There was some good conversation in that thread from both sides.  You even said so yourself.  Why are you only now bringing up that thread?  

It only became "civil" after you and your at the time buddy GiantCalBears realized you were going to be very wrong and then suddenly you wanted to be "civil".  

You were highly emotional leading up to it being obvious you were going to be wrong.