Ezen Baklattan

BOT Golden Globes - Ceremony Discussion Thread!

3 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

Just a comment, the Globes always does an awful job stitching together videos for the BP nominees.  They should just stop. They’re choppy and jarring.

I'm mostly pissed that (warning: CMBYN spoilers)

Spoiler

they used the last shot of the movie twice, first in its individual clip and then again when they listed the BP nominees. A minor annoyance but one nonetheless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think everything except Actress is basically set for the win. I have a hard time seeing Oldman, Rockwell, and Janney lose (this post better not bite me in the ass)

I mean Dafoe has won a ton, they just really loved Three Billboards and apparently hated Florida Project. If the Academy likes 3B a lil less and Florida Project just a bit more, Dafoe could easily win it. And this is the first big Janney win over Metclaf, so we'll see how rest of season shapes up. Metclaf looked like she was heading towards a Patricia Arquette esque sweep until tonight. We'll see. Only Oldman seems locked - if he could win with these guys, he'll win everywhere. Hopefully he'll stop thanking that genocidal maniac in every speech like he was the second coming.

HarveyGate is the only reason why 3B is gonna sweep. It's riding the MeeToo/TimeIsUp tide cause it's a revenge fantasy. It sucks that MeToo/TimeIsUp is not helping Gerwig but maybe guilds and BAFTA go for her. We'll see. But yes, political momentum is with 3B atm. 

Frances is fun, tho, so I don't mind her and Rockwell wins. I'm just so disappointed that this is turning into Important Movie when Get Out is a perfect combo of important AND Genre (which could have finally given us a populist genre winner). But different politics are driving the narrative that's feeding one but not the other. 

• Community Manager
Just now, MrGamer said:

I don't know why people take the Globes seriously. The HFPA is the same garbage awards panel that thought THIS needed to be a Best Picture contender.

onesheet.jpg

well they thought it would bring Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie to their awards show. makes total sense.

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

How did Neon pull off the win with Supporting Actress for Allison Janney?  I didn't see it, but I was wondering about the process in which they win.  The ten nominees for comedy/drama/musical almost seem likely to make it to the oscars.  Very strong contenders IMHO! 

I could still see Get Out getting left out of the Oscars Best Picture.  Same with Showman for picture, Nolan vs Get Out for director, and a bunch of other bullshit.   The Florida Project will probably get in for best picture. 

Edited by Matrix4You