MaxAggressor

Daily Numbers : Monday 8th January 2018, The Last Jedi 1.8 million

it's weird how rare it is that the greatest showman is a contemporary hollywood musical where everyone in it can actually sing. and if they couldn't then they just get dubbed. if anyone's wondering why greatest showman soundtrack went to #1 and la la land didn't.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It just had to drop.

Also...congrats to The Last Jedi, it's now at 49% on RT audience, below mother!'s 50%. An upset for the ages.

Who the fuck cares?

Im seriously astonished that these bullsh*t online scores/ratings are constantly brought up again. I wont give another explanation why these ratings dont matter 1 bit, ive done it already. The only indicator that can be trusted 98% of the time if a movie has mixed/good/bad WOM are its legs. And not the RT audience rating, when not even 0,5% of the people who saw the damn movie gave a rating.

Im tired of this.  

• Like 5

I mean seriously though, it seems very strange to me how anyone can think that TGS's soundtrack is more intresting musically compared to La La Land's but well... taste is taste.

For me, City of Stars and Someone in the Crowd are like 5 levels above anything in the greatest showman.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wait, you still can't see the same movie twice? If so that completely takes out a TON of the potential inflation it could have on a movie. 

No, you can.  No repeats was in effect under the old rules, before they dropped the price.

It used to be you couldn't see a movie twice and you had to wait an actual 24 hours between films.  (So, if you saw a 7:00 p.m. Friday show, you had to wait until after 7:00 p.m. Saturday to purchase another ticket.)  

Now you can see a movie as many times as you'd like, and you can buy a ticket each day at any time, regardless of what time you saw a movie the previous day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Who the fuck cares?

Im seriously astonished that these bullsh*t online scores/ratings are constantly brought up again. I wont give another explanation why these ratings dont matter 1 bit, ive done it already. The only indicator that can be trusted 98% of the time if a movie has mixed/good/bad WOM are its legs. And not the RT audience rating, when not even 0,5% of the people who saw the damn movie gave a rating.

Im tired of this.  

I make no lies that I enjoy being petty sometimes. 

• Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I mean seriously though, it seems very strange to me how anyone can think that TGS's soundtrack is more intresting musically compared to La La Land's but well... taste is taste.

For me, City of Stars and Someone in the Crowd are like 5 levels above anything in the greatest showman.

LLL is clearly going for a more refined and jazzy sound, but that doesn't automatically mean it succeeds with great results all around at it. It really only does that with the two songs I mentioned. TGS is going for poppy Broadway tunes and succeeds spectacularly at that on nearly every track. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

emma stone is an ok singer. in her last song she sounds like that theater kid character vanessa bayer used to do on snl though.

ryan gosling "iS tHaT sO?"

She was actually really good in the audition.