MaxAggressor

Daily Numbers : Monday 8th January 2018, The Last Jedi 1.8 million

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Wolf Warrior 3 (WOLF3) I guess will do 1b+ usd at the Chinese BO. Maybe more.

Would be fun if WOLF3 china > SW9 dom + TLK  dom:hahaha:

TLK DOM > WW3 if everything goes right. (Says WW3 does $800M and TLK hits it just right).

33 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

TLK DOM > WW3 if everything goes right. (Says WW3 does $800M and TLK hits it just right).

The overpredictions for TLK on this board are insane. It will be lucky to crack 600M and that number i doubt heavily as well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The overpredictions for TLK on this board are insane. It will be lucky to crack 600M and that number i doubt heavily as well.

BS the original adjusts to that much it's the most beloved animated movie ever and BATB just did over 500 and it's not in the TLK league.

9 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

BS the original adjusts to that much it's the most beloved animated movie ever and BATB just did over 500 and it's not in the TLK league.

I know. Its my favourite Disney animated movie as well ;) but just because one film (BATB) exploded doesnt mean another one (TLK) will as well and even bigger. It all comes down to marketing and reception among the GA. As of now, we have no clue whatsoever how the film will look or how the story will play out. Its just way too early to call 700M or higher lol.

Btw, TLK will probably be another lazy ass retelling like BATB.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I know. Its my favourite Disney animated movie as well ;) but just because one film (BATB) exploded doesnt mean another one (TLK) will as well and even bigger. It all comes down to marketing and reception among the GA. As of now, we have no clue whatsoever how the film will look or how the story will play out. Its just way too early to call 700M or higher lol.

Btw, TLK will probably be another lazy ass retelling like BATB.

Probably but all you need is one circle of life teaser, like they did for that disney thing, and the crowd's will come running

I mean come on it's still perfection

Edited by boomboom234

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Probably but all you need is one circle of life teaser, like they did for that disney thing, and the crowd's will come running

I mean come on it's still perfection

Funny enough i was never the biggest fan of Circle of Life. Its good, but it cant compare with "Be Prepared" - thats the shit.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

i'm losing my mind here, TLK?? Transformars The Last Knight??

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Funny enough i was never the biggest fan of Circle of Life. Its good, but it cant compare with "Be Prepared" - thats the shit.

well for the new one elton and zimmer are coming back and their having beyonce work on it to so let's see what happens

3 hours ago, iluvjuanki said:

I haven't seen TGS so I can't say anything about it. But La La Land is the first musical I can't remember a song from.

City of Stars?

And beyond just the songs, Hurcwitz’s score also plays a prevalent role in the film 

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Beyoncé 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

By the time A2 comes out I'm hoping that China is the global 'domestic'. 

As long as studios get only 20 or 25% back from China theaters (considering you believe the box office numbers that are given by chinese government), the real domestic will always be north america.  Movies need to make more than double NA box office in China to get the same net profit. 

46 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Beyoncé 

people really don't understand how the casting is going to mobilize urban and nonurban audiences alike.

i want to be careful with setting up myself for disappointment but there is truly no Disney movie that defines the milennial generation more than TLK.  people are going to come out in DROVES and Beyonce and Donald Glover will help get young people in theaters (families are already an assumption).  

another thing to think about here is unlike BATB which had no real musical talent this is LOADED with it, I suspect Disney has the same marketing strategy for this as they will have seen worked with Frozen where you just flood the music and film industries so hard that it become a cultlural phenomenon.  I have no problem predicting 175/550 for TLK right off the bat, i think it's going to be an absolute monster.  

And honestly the closer we get and start seeing some footage I wouldnt be surprised to start predicting Avengers numbers.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

HAHAHAHAH. 

1507260023571.png

Wow, your iq must have melted down off your ears by now. 

I always knew troll don't read, but this ... too much for me. 

Try quoting the whole sentence. That should be easy even for a troll. 

As long as studios get only 20 or 25% back from China theaters (considering you believe the box office numbers that are given by chinese government), the real domestic will always be north america.  Movies need to make more than double NA box office in China to get the same net profit. 

Edited by meriodejaneiro

1 minute ago, hw64 said:

Are you saying that's never going to start happening on a regular basis?

I don't know when it will and if it will ... just saying that at those rates (20-25%) of incomes return from China, the numbers say a movie needs more than double de NA box office in China to get the same profit. 

How many movies have doubled NA box office numbers in China so far?