MaxAggressor

Daily Numbers : Monday 8th January 2018, The Last Jedi 1.8 million

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You guys would seriously rather listen to this 

than this

?

Actually, yes. 

The singing part of A Lovely Night is painful. The instrumental part is nice, but I also would never listen to it outside the context of seeing it with a choreographed routine, which is clearly what it was made for. 

The Greatest Show on the other hand is like a catchy pop song that comes on the radio and you don't turn it because it's easy and fun to listen to even if it's not particularly substantive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Actually, yes. 

The singing part of A Lovely Night is painful. The instrumental part is nice, but I also would never listen to it outside the context of seeing it with a choreographed routine, which is clearly what it was made for. 

The Greatest Show on the other hand is like a catchy pop song that comes on the radio and you don't turn it because it's easy and fun to listen to even if it's not particularly substantive. 

you should be ashamed of yourself

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's weird how rare it is that the greatest showman is a contemporary hollywood musical where everyone in it can actually sing. and if they couldn't then they just get dubbed. if anyone's wondering why greatest showman soundtrack went to #1 and la la land didn't.

Rebeca Fergusson and the young Barnum were dubbed.

6 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

Jumanji 2.668  NATM 1.309 (85 mln after this day ) Sing 1.168 (55mln after this day). It seems that Jumanji will end over 375 mln, i still don't believe in 400, but we will see.

I dunno, NATM's multi from today puts it at 421m. And this was a slightly softer Monday drop than that too...

:ohmygod:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

And Michelle Williams?Is her voice or was dubbed?

no i don't think she was dubbed. the album on spotify credits the actual singers and she's on there

Edited by CoolioD1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I mean, if you're browsing the musics and what-not and you see the Greatest soundtrack, you're not gonna pass over that are you?

La La Land didnt have that going for it.

I’ve listened to the La La Land soundtrack more than any other album I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

It just had to drop.

Also...congrats to The Last Jedi, it's now at 49% on RT audience, below mother!'s 50%. An upset for the ages.

Movies that make 1.2B and are hated by 49% of the audience just doesn't happen. if it was hated it wouldn't have put up the number it did, even if you say it underperformed what people expected it to make. 

• Like 1