Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

34 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

They are all paving the way for oscar players.....i guess the expansion plan and surge in box office will be significant due to moviepass+ lack of new release  

That's usually what happens though. The Best Picture nominees at the very least (at least the ones that are still in theaters) will be around until Oscar night (being such encourages theaters to hold onto them even if for 2 shows a day).

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Last Jedi made $2.72m compared to $3.26m for Rogue One. That is 83.4% of R1's Friday gross. This percentage the rest of the way would mean a $619.5 million total. 

One way or another, it will be a very close battle for #5 all-time. While both are Disney movies, id imagine they would like to see Last Jedi come ahead. Maybe they will find some way to fudge it^^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

One way or another, it will be a very close battle for #5 all-time. While both are Disney movies, id imagine they would like to see Last Jedi come ahead. Maybe they will find some way to fudge it^^

Yes I think they will try to fudge it, but it needs to be close. I think 620 legit is the number it needs to reach. Can't fudge it too much if its true finish is around $615m or something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Deadline had it at 2.9 Friday, 11.5 3-day, 15.1 4-day.

Same ratio with 2.72 Friday gives 10.8 3-day, 14.2 4-day.

RO legs (16.8 4-day, added 30.3 or 1.80x more to it's cume) would then take it to 594.5 + 14.2*1.80 = 594.5 + 25.6 = 620.1 dom

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

Deadline had it at 2.9 Friday, 11.5 3-day, 15.1 4-day.

Same ratio with 2.72 Friday gives 10.8 3-day, 14.2 4-day.

RO legs (16.8 4-day, added 30.3 or 1.80x more to it's cume) would then take it to 594.5 + 14.2*1.80 = 594.5 + 25.6 = 620.1 dom

But it’s droppig faster than r1 so it won’t have r1 legs

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Paddington always struck me as being too British to really break out. The first film's numbers were kind of a fluke.

Unfortunately, I agree. I'm glad it didn't drop until January in the US because it gives me a holiday movie to see after the holiday. Honestly, it'll be pretty fitting to see in the snow. I'll just convince myself that Christmas is just around the bend.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I would love to see TA is ahead of TLJ, TA is a revolutionary attempt, this is where the starting point of the concept of franchise being upgraded to universe..... 

• Like 2

Just now, titanic2187 said:

I would love to see TA is ahead of TLJ, TA is a revolutionary attempt, this is where the starting point of the concept of franchise being upgraded to universe..... 

Nope, a better (in fact, the best!) franchise has already done that in 1968:

Spoiler

2X9bH1rIiBrOesfPkyvCUjgmdQt.jpg

• Like 2