Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

When the theaters start their unlimited services, the biggest blow to MoviePass will be the ability to reserve seats. The chains could charge $30 per month, and I can guarantee MoviePass would lose subs because of reserved seating.

• Like 2

Holy Lord Paddington 2 was incredible. I loved almost every second of it, and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside after watching it.

My friend, the one with terrible movie opinions loved it too, when the credits came on I looked over ready for him to trash it, and he was tearing up!!! :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Holy Lord Paddington 2 was incredible. I loved almost every second of it, and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside after watching it.

My friend, the one with terrible movie opinions loved it too, when the credits came on I looked over ready for him to trash it, and he was tearing up!!! :lol:

Major dilemma between seeing this or The Post tomorrow.

Maybe I can see both 🤔

34 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

All the love Paddington 2 is getting is why I don't subscribe to the notion that a movie isn't worth taking seriously just because it's aimed at children.

Well it's certainly why filmmakers don't have any excuse to make a sub par movie just because it's aimed at children. 

• Like 1

Good number for The Post. Bridge of Spies did 72.3 dom with 15.4 ow which gives 4.7x. If The Post does 4-5x with 20 FSS, we get 80-100 along with 4.5 limited run for 85-105 dom. But we have had break-outs like TGS at 130-140+, Wonder at 130+, Sully at 125. With Streep added to the Hanks-Spielberg combo, expected Post to be another such breakout. So feel a bit :whosad:even unreasonably so.

Paddington2 4-day below Paddington1 3-day (19) :gold:. This is why studios are ok making Smurfs3 and Emoji.

Proud Mary is actually the best story so far with a prod budget of 14m that it will match over the FSS itself. Sony on fire!!!! Never thought I could say that sentence without people running to Sony HQ with buckets of water.

Another great weekend for Jumanji and will get to 300 dom next weekend.

Have we reached a stage where TLJ is not worth reporting in the early estimates :sparta:

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, New Year New Panda said:

I hope the Post can leg it out, but it’s really reminding me of Selma.

An Oscar movie that has all of the reasons in the world to breakout and be a smash hit at the Oscars and oddly struggles at both the awards and the box office.

How is over 20mil a disappointment? You realize Selma never had a weekend nearly that large right?

Both Paddington and Commuter doing great at my theatre. Paddington our equivalent of 7.4M, which is actually an increase from the first movie's 6.3M here. That had a 40M weekend, so idk if the legs will be the same.

Even Commuter is doing well. I'm thinking 5.5M here, but it could go even higher. 

20 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

How is over 20mil a disappointment? You realize Selma never had a weekend nearly that large right?

It is somewhat disappointing when you consider the you-couldn't-ask-for-better combo on paper of Spielberg/Streep/Hanks should have lured in bigger numbers. But I don't any reasonable person would've expected it to end up being such a no-show for the most part during awards season either so the grosses are on the softer side of things.

The Post got an A, same as Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

The corrupt fake news media is trying to convince us all people liked their propaganda SJW movies!  But look at the RT Audience scores, then you’ll know the truth!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3