Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

And both films are quite different, with one being a prestige period piece and the other being a big budget sci-fi film. Hope and think Ready Player One will be a big success. 

A lot of people seem to be quite down on it but I think it looks like a fun film with amazing visuals

• Like 1

@aabattery You just turned this thread into a star wars meme thread, thanks for that.

Also Paddington 2 is the best movie currently out(that I've seen obviously) and anyone who thinks that movie is too farfetched and dreamy is completely missing its point or/and is simply not who this movie is made for.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

A lot of people seem to be quite down on it but I think it looks like a fun film with amazing visuals

I really like the look of the virtual world. It looks cool, and I think the film will be very enjoyable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

@aabattery You just turned this thread into a star wars meme thread, thanks for that.

Also Paddington 2 is the best movie currently out(that I've seen obviously) and anyone who thinks that movie is too farfetched and dreamy is completely missing its point or/and is simply not who this movie is made for.

Gragra's law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of star wars shitposting approaches 1

• Like 1

I still think WB will acquire Paddington 3 as I think they'll have more time to put up a campaign and likely a better release date. The $30m they paid for it will eventually be recouped through sales of TV and streaming rights and home entertainment. 

9 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I really like the look of the virtual world. It looks cool, and I think the film will be very enjoyable. 

And it's Spielberg, he rarely makes bad films and it now has a clear run until Rampage. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah, unless it's somehow bad, it should do well for a few weeks. 

Spielberg was able to make The Post during post production so things must have been going well otherwise WB wouldn't have released him to do another movie. 

• Like 1

My dad lives in downtown Vancouver and he tried two different theatres to see The Post, but at both all the afternoon and early evening shows were sold out. Settled for Commuter at 5;10 instead

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Spielberg was able to make The Post during post production so things must have been going well otherwise WB wouldn't have released him to do another movie. 

The final product is probably good or at least be a confidentially made film. There doesn't seem to be any production issues, which is a positive thing too. 

• Like 1