Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

No one's setting that goal. People are merely discussing the possibility. And, what needs to be looked at is how well will Jumanji hold the each the next four weeks and weekends. Jumanji will likely gross more FFS over the next four weekends or, even, remainder of its weekends than Wonder Woman grossed from it's fourth FFS to the conclusion of its run. It can't simply be viewed in vacuum. Again, we'll have a better idea when actuals drop on Tuesday and when seeing how Jumanji holds the coming weekends. If it does something just over $20M next weekend, which I don't expect but won't rule out, then, it's time to start considering that $400M could actually happen.

Ok let's agree that 375 mln is more realistic goal and if something unexpected will happen maybe 400 could happen.

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

It's not getting to $400m, although I'd love it if it did.

400 is a long shot but can't be ruled out yet given these holds. If it keeps following NATM it will push 390. So we can't really say 400 is out yet. Especially since the next two weekends are completely dead, it might have even better holds these next two weekends than NATM.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I can't imagine it not getting one of the Supporting Actor/Actress spots. But, yeah, might not get most. I can't imagine it not getting a Costume Design nod either. I think it'll definitely get a nod for Best Editing as well. I'd say if pressed, Jenkins is more likely than Spencer to get an acting nod.

Spencer has been nominated at most of the major awards. I'd say she's likelier to get a nom, but I think SOW getting both supporting category nominations regardless at this point. 

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I listened to SOW's score last night, and it is magnificent. Some pieces you actually feel as though you are underwater. Haunting, sad, yet happy at the same time. I haven't even seen the movie and it was a roller coaster of emotions.

I would be surprised if it doesn't win best score 

SOW's gonna win best score likely, and it deserves it. It's one of the best scores of the year, and one of Desplat's very best too. Just amazing.

Edited by Fancyarcher

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

:redcapes:

Well, we're both fans of Verhoeven. Verhoeven fans think alike. I am not from Germany nor are my ancestors. So, I think it ends there.

Hail Verhoeven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Actually, the next 3 weekends are dead. Yeah, it may be dropping sub 30% every weekend until 2/9. Then of course it will have a great hold on VD weekend.

Maze Runner will be the only thing that opens above 15M until the 9th :gold:

Bodes well for legs and Oscar expansions though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Maze Runner will be the only thing that opens above 15M until the 9th :gold:

Bodes well for legs and Oscar expansions though

February 2 will only have Winchester and likely Jumanji over 10M, and everything 5th or lower will be below 5-6M :gold: 

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If Jumanji were 3-4m higher this weekend I'd actually say it had a shot at winning the next 3 weekends. Could see MR only pulling 15-17 or so on OW. 

I posted the other day that an Insurgent to Allegiant drop would only get The Death Cure around a 16.7-17.7M OW, which feels likely to me. Buzz is nonexistent on this thing.

• Like 1