Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

tbh I think it'll open above Den of Thieves. The ad push has to get it to at least 5M, right? RIGHT?

I guess if Entertainment Studios plays up its title, it'll do over 5m. Still find it insane that they somehow will able to get into as many theaters as they did.

• Like 1

For all the talk recently about A Wrinkle in Time being a potential bomb, I think it'll end up faring just fine when it opens in March as being the first major family film of the year. The Disney brand + starpower of Oprah and Reese will probably go a long way.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

For all the talk recently about A Wrinkle in Time being a potential bomb, I think it'll end up faring just fine when it opens in March as being the first major family film of the year. The Disney brand + starpower of Oprah and Reese will probably go a long way.

SilkyWillingAnhinga-max-1mb.gif

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Actually Paddington should have move to Peter Rabbit's spot and PR to late March where it would actually lineup with Easter. 

I think Peter Rabbit was supposed to come out in late March. Now that you mention it, I'm now extremely confused by the date change.

I just realized it's actually a possibility that Disney gives us our only 100m grossers until DP2. The only safe bets until then are BP, Wrinkle in Time, and IW. 50 Shades Freed, Peter Rabbit, Tomb Raider, RPO, and Rampage all have chances but all could easily miss too. I'm sure at least one makes it, but still, not a promising winter/spring slate. 

• Like 2

Praying for nighttime shows to bring Paddington up to 4M. Would be nice if Commuter could reach that mark also.

If P2 does end up faring pretty poorly however, I think it sets up the marketplace for Peter Rabbit to pull off 100M next month. And I'm not just saying that because I have to dress up in a rabbit costume and take pictures with kids for work... If I've got to do that the movie better give me some sweet numbers

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

41 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is Proud Mary doing better than expected? Also what about Insidious Chapter 4?

Some site had really big numbers for it, like 20-22M for the 4 days weekend, studio had talk with the trade of expecting 15 to 18M and not seeing that good of tracking for it, so like pointed depend of who you are talking too, but it was expected to be a really big OW (for the TC/production budget)

Just now, DAJK said:

Praying for nighttime shows to bring Paddington up to 4M. Would be nice if Commuter could reach that mark also.

If P2 does end up faring pretty poorly however, I think it sets up the marketplace for Peter Rabbit to pull off 100M next month. And I'm not just saying that because I have to dress up in a rabbit costume and take pictures with kids for work... If I've got to do that the movie better give me some sweet numbers

The trailer gets notable laughs from kids when I've seen it in the theater. Think there will actually be a sizable chunk of kids asking their parents to take them to PR, so I agree 100m+ is on the table.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Godspeed. Having to play James Corden sounds like a terrifying job for anyone.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Three $100M+ grossers for Daisy Ridley. A true Queen!