Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It has to be. Entertainment Studios has aired over 3,800 ads for it :ohmygod: Thieves and 12 Strong only have 1,450 and 1,260 respectively

They must be crazy, dumping all this add money in for it. The thing bombed in limited release, why the fuck would they want to go this wide

fadc3ceb291e4e97ac8689e9e7eab45c.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh shit, I thought nominations were on Tuesday :ohmygod: Forget everything I said; they'll be expanding fine at the end of the month :lol: 

For some reason I thought it was February, it’s actually Jan 23, yeah they’ll be fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I honestly haven't seen a single ad for it lmao. Are we sure Entertainment Studios isn't spewing alternative facts?

It's airing a lot of ads on Discovery and History. Even Fox News is getting a fair amount of airings. My dad wants to see it because of all these ads, but I know he'd hate the pacing :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, filmlover said:

We still need your crowd report for that movie, Han. See it now!

I thought about seeing it today, but the showings were pretty crowded :lol: Glad I got Molly's Game out of the way because it's probably leaving next week (my show only had 6 people and the following showing only had about 15-20).

Audience Scores on RT:

The Post - 65%

Proudy Mary - 58% ( it was at 71% some hours ago )

The Commuter - 52% ( it started at 58% some hours ago )

Insidious 4 - 54%

Ferdinand - 48%

Star Wars The Last Jedi - 49%  

Jumanji and The Greatest Showman's audience scores are still at 90%.

• Haha 2

I'm assuming Darkest Hour will outgross The Theory of Everything which was Focus and Working Title's last Oscar winner. Weird that Focus hasn't had a $100m grosser unless we count Fifty Shades which isn't included in Mojo's list of Focus' highest grossing film 

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Audience Scores on RT:

The Post - 65%

Proudy Mary - 58% ( it was at 71% some hours ago )

The Commuter - 52% ( it started at 58% some hours ago )

Insidious 4 - 54%

Ferdinand - 48%

Star Wars The Last Jedi - 49%  

Jumanji and The Greatest Showman's audience scores are still at 90%.

Holy shit, The Commuter dropped 3% in less than an hour :ohmygod: 

38 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The RT audience score is probably accurate. The movie is all talk, and that's always going to alienate some people. 

This is re: The Post. 

If it wasn't influenced by trolls, then tell me, why the IMDB-Score is constantly going up after all those zero-pointers were given early? 

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm assuming Darkest Hour will outgross The Theory of Everything which was Focus and Working Title's last Oscar winner. Weird that Focus hasn't had a $100m grosser unless we count Fifty Shades which isn't included in Mojo's list of Focus' highest grossing film 

Being universal specialty division with smaller release budget that never got 3,500+ theater for a release  it is not that strange. Sony classic has only one 100m grosser and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was quite the exception and for all is long success history, Searchlight has only 3 of those (Juno, Slumdog, Black Swan).

Even though 50 shades was produced by them, maybe it was Universal main branch that made the distribution in the USA ?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2322441/companycredits

Imdb could not be less clear about it:

24 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Fifty Shades was a Universal release.

I wonder if anything's ever gonna beat Brokeback Mountain's $83M total for their highest-grossing movie, though.